Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-pre-hull-ld229-2956777_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 16th February 2016
by James Hilsum
Chris Hughton's thoughts going into tonight's match against Hull.
They know what their best team is and their results and performances show that."
Chris Hughton
Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton believes tonight’s match against Hull City will be the toughest away fixture of the season so far, but is counting on his players to continue their impressive recent form. *
The Seagulls take on a Tigers side that have won five of their last six games, but Hughton says his team will travel to Humberside full of confidence.
He said, "They are at a stage where they are not changing their team too often.
"They didn't invest big in the summer but they managed to keep the large majority of their best players, and at the moment they have a settled team.
“They know what their best team is and their results and performances show that.
"But we deserve to be where we are [in the table] and I think we've shown great character to come through a difficult period to get back to winning ways again.
"I hope it's a game that matches both our respective forms of late. We have been good away from home and despite not getting the number of wins we would’ve liked, we have just lost once."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

An Albion win would see Hughton’s men move level on points with the Tigers and the manager was keen to stress the importance of approaching the game in a positive manner.
"We certainly won't be going there with a negative frame of mind. We are very conscious that they are a good side and scoring lots of goals at the minute.
"Defensively we are going to have to be good, but if you go there with a negative attitude then you are setting yourself up to get beaten.
"It's a game where we need do the best we can to try and win it." *
The Seagulls boss admits he is enjoying the added scrutiny of being near the top of the table, but feels his side can take advantage of being the perceived underdogs in the promotion race.
“The pressure comes with the job. There’s no doubt that if you are Middlesbrough, Derby, Hull or Burnley, then there’s a pressure that comes with that.
“There’s no doubt that there’s more expectation on those teams because among that group are two teams that have come down and in Middlesbrough and Derby, they are two teams that have spent very big to make sure they secure their Premier League status for next season.
“Sometimes if there is less expectation [on Brighton] then you can hopefully benefit from that, but if you asked me whether I’d rather be top of the league with the pressure that comes with it than not, then I would have said yes.”[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY **
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]FRIDAY 11TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here