Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
goldson-pre-hull-l229-2956985_478x359.jpg

Connor Goldson
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:00 16th February 2016
by Benedict Spalding
Connor Goldson has seized his chance in the first team.
“We look forward to every game and we are always capable of getting three points."
Connor Goldson
Brighton & Hove Albion defender Connor Goldson believes patience was key to establishing his place in the starting line-up.The summer signing had to wait until December to make his first-team debut when injuries to Gordon Greer and Uwe Huenemeier gave the 23-year-old a chance to impress manager Chris Hughton.
He said, “When I came to the club, I knew I was going to be one of four centre-backs. The team was flying and we went 21 games unbeaten, sitting top of the table, so it was difficult to get my chance, but I wasn’t moaning. I knew I would end up getting my chance to show the manager what I’m here for.
"I just needed to keep performing at my best to cement my place in the team, but if any of us perform badly, then there are players ready to take our place. We have a very good and healthy competition for places at this club."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Goldson also hailed the influence of skipper Greer in particular for helping him settle in at the club.“GG has been brilliant in the changing room and in training; he still has a big voice before a match. He helps me with confidence and he isn’t envious of me playing at all, that’s why he is the captain of this club.
“I have learnt a lot from him and he is a great person and leader.
“When I first came to the club I didn’t know a lot about him or Dunky, [Lewis Dunk], but in the first few weeks of training their quality took me by surprise.”
The former Shrewsbury man says the team spirit is high in the Albion squad and is adamant that the team will not be fazed going into one of the toughest games of the season so far against Hull City.
“We are both fighting for the same thing, but we have been away to big places already this season and got positive results.
“We are confident going into every match. We don’t go into any match thinking we’ll lose and we aren’t scared of our opponents.
“We look forward to every game and we are always capable of getting three points. We know it will be tough, but we’ll concentrate even more and play at our best.”
[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY **
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]FRIDAY 11TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here