Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

all gone quiet on the glenn murray rumour

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
haven't heard anything lately on the murray signing ,although have noticed he hasn't mate the bench for Bournemouth last 2 games,although he could be injured?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good thing really
do we really need him?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I thought at the time that it was ridiculously short-sighted of the club to let Murray go for the sake of the few hundred quid or so he was demanding a week. Baffling decision.

But he had choices and he chose the scum up the road. Why if it wasn't to have a poke at BHAFC and the fans?

I'd rather he stayed where he is thank you. He is a six yard box player now anyway and we have Bobby and Hemed to do that job.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He has been named in Bournemouth's 25 strong squad for the Premier League though. Not a good sign for us.

I don't concur with this. We cant find a place for all the strikers we have in our squad. Zamora, Hemed, Baldock and Wilson. They are all fit now and we are paying wages for all of them. We are not struggling to score goals at the moment so why would we increase our wage bill unnecessarily.

Hemed had been struggling but I think (hopefully) he might have turned the corner in recent games. I think we should run with what we have for now because the strike force is not too bad and who is to say that Murray would improve on them. Boro spent £9million on a striker who, if I am honest did not look worth anywhere near that sort of money last night.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought at the time that it was ridiculously short-sighted of the club to let Murray go for the sake of the few hundred quid or so he was demanding a week. Baffling decision.

But he had choices and he chose the scum up the road. Why if it wasn't to have a poke at BHAFC and the fans?

I'd rather he stayed where he is thank you. He is a six yard box player now anyway and we have Bobby and Hemed to do that job.

Probably because they were the ones who put an offer on the table. And he wouldn't need to uproot his family.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I don't concur with this. We cant find a place for all the strikers we have in our squad. Zamora, Hemed, Baldock and Wilson. They are all fit now and we are paying wages for all of them. We are not struggling to score goals at the moment so why would we increase our wage bill unnecessarily.

Hemed had been struggling but I think (hopefully) he might have turned the corner in recent games. I think we should run with what we have for now because the strike force is not too bad and who is to say that Murray would improve on them. Boro spent £9million on a striker who, if I am honest did not look worth anywhere near that sort of money last night.

I have to agree, 2 golden chance in the second half, and fluffed both of them. Imagine the binfest on here if we'd spent £9m on him and he'd missed those. There's no guarantee of goals however much you spend. We have hit 6 in 2 games.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because Palace offered him a few thousand pounds a week more than we did. Of course you'd turn that down, you'd put a random club (which is what we are) ahead of your family.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Might that be because it was agent talk all along?
Yes. Yes it might. Despite the 3,455,789,000 threads on the subject at January end.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
don't see it happening unless we are going to loan out baldock or we suffer a serious injury to one of the current strikers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The loan window is open for quite a few weeks and IF we were to get him in on loan, then it makes sense to wait until February 26th when he would be eligible to play in the playoffs.

It doesn't need to be discussed every day.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The loan window is open for quite a few weeks and IF we were to get him in on loan, then it makes sense to wait until February 26th when he would be eligible to play in the playoffs.

Shall we limit it to Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday only for now?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Unfortunately, if people do want to discuss it every day, then nothing will stop them!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was very keen for this to happen before Hemed found his scoring boots again, now I'll be happy if we get him but not too bothered if we don't. Will all change again if BZ gets injured though as surely the club realise that we do need a Wiley old head available when the other strikers start snatching at shots. I don't have much confidence in any of the other strikers under pressure. Without BZ we would be mid table imo

In fact, just get him in and take the strain off poor old Bobby having to lead the line every game.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If we dont score tonight and saturday... wait for the clamour for his return... rightly so in my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here