Sky Bet Championship

Venue: The Kingston Communications Stadium
Date: Tuesday 16th February 2016
Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Referee: Andy Madley
Assistants: Matt Donohue, Simon Mather
Fourth official: Darren England

TEAM NEWS

• [*=left]Hull manager Steve Bruce could stick with a winning line-up with no new selection problems.
    [*=left]Striker Chuba Akpom is pushing for his first league start of the year, but new signings Nick Powell and Dusan Kuciak may have to wait for their debuts.
    [*=left]Liam Rosenior could make his first Brighton appearance since damaging knee ligaments in November.
    [*=left]Captain Gordon Greer (hamstring) remains sidelined, as does fellow defender Gaetan Bong (thigh).

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]This will be the third meeting in all competitions between these two sides this season with the home side winning both previous clashes 1-0.
    [*=left]Brighton have kept four clean sheets in their last five league matches against Hull.
    [*=left]Brighton have failed to score in four of their last five league visits to Hull City.
    [*=left]James Wilson has scored two goals in two league appearances against Hull.
    [*=left]Robert Snodgrass has assisted two and scored two in four league games against Brighton.

The Big Match Preview: Spotlight on Hull City

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
This should be a fascinating contest. Both teams are full of confidence and Hull will try to control the game while we look for the counter attack. If there's a winner I don't expect it to be comfortable.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Sidwell or Crofts starts in place of Zamora as part of a five man midfield.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
This should be a fascinating contest. Both teams are full of confidence and Hull will try to control the game while we look for the counter attack. If there's a winner I don't expect it to be comfortable.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Sidwell or Crofts starts in place of Zamora as part of a five man midfield.

Couldn't agree more. I can see a 1-1. One Team scoring ealry and then controlling the game, the other getting a hard fought equaliser in the 70thodd minute. Then both teams attacking but seemingly settling for a point.

I think the big thing tonight for both teams is to avoid defeat rather than risk going all out for a win

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
heart says
Hull city 1 Brighton and Hove Albion 3
but thats more in hope than anything else
we have the players to do just that
onwards and upwards

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Id play to our strengths not to try and stop Hull.
This is going to be a lot different than the cup game we played them as i think only 2 players who played have played any part in our league season, we also was in a really poor spell.
Team i would pick personally.
Stockdale - Been class this season
Bruno - Way better season after i think a poor year last year
Goldson - This lad is class, a real find off Shrewsbury, is a leader, strong and good with ball at his feet, our best centre back.
Dunk - Makes too many mistakes still, one of defenders i worry about, but also can do some classy stuff.
Calderon - This is position im a little worried about, love Calde, but is a bit slow and wish had Bong fit.
Murphy - Performances been class of late, 2 goals in 2 games, gotta keep playing.
Sidwell - Rest Stephens as properly the one player recently who hasnt been at top of his game, needs a rest i think and Sidwell is more than suitable to come in.
Kayal - Properly one of our best signings of recent years, good tidy up player, good on ball and a good leader.
Knockhart - This guy reminds me of Vicente, with the way runs with the ball, is a real game winner and what a signing he is proving, we now got this end product a lot more.
Hemed - In form striker, had been in right spot a lot but just snatching at chances, not a world beater but a good honest forward.
Wilson - Id rest Zamora as cant play 2 games in 4 days, also having Bobby come off bench could be a big thing as knows where net is, Wilson's fitness worrys me but he is explosive and works his socks off.
Subs -
Maanpaa - hasnt been given a chance due to Stockdales brillant performances
Stephens - needs rest, very good player but seems to be running on near empty recently, not player was at begining of year
Zamora - Class act and has proved a brillant signing.
Skalek - I think this lad is going to be class for us, looks good on the ball and doesnt lack confidence.
Rosenior - Thank god he is back, this guy is such a good player to have in our side, can play anywhere at a very good standard, we have missed him but too early to put back into first team, or is it ?
Lua Lua - Hasnt really got into it yet since back from injury but hell of a player to have on bench.
Baldock - Great to see this lad back, i bet he cant wait to come into our side as now we have wingers who cross ball and put great passes, since we signed Baldock he has had virtually no supply. Works his socks off for our team and deserves chance soon.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Just hope the defence is up to the challenge!!! All at sea at times on Saturday.
Indeed...that fact won't have been lost on Hull either......they will make a beeline for Dunk whenever he is on the ball, he rarely responds well with the ball at his feet, under pressure he is going to be very much a weak link.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The 4/1 on offer for a Brighton win look quite generous to me. We've been playing pretty well recently and scoring a few goals.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Most accept a start for Zamora in unlikely with CH probably choosing to rest him for Cardiff. I'd bring in Lua Lua on the left and move Murph to the centre and rotate him with Knockers. Swap Hemed & Lua Lua for Wilson and Skalak in the second half as we play more counter attacking football.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Indeed...that fact won't have been lost on Hull either......they will make a beeline for Dunk whenever he is on the ball, he rarely responds well with the ball at his feet, under pressure he is going to be very much a weak link.

Personally don't think Dunk has a problem with the ball at his feet...still makes a change from hearing that Calderon will be our weak link

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Hull are very strong. They have a number of players who would be comfortable in a Premier League team - Snodgrass, Elmohamady, Hernandez, Dawson, Huddlestone, Davies. I always felt they were the team to beat this season.

Tough, tough ask, would bite your hand off for a draw now. Tactically, though, CH has been bang on the money lately: our best chance is the pace of Murphy, Knocky, Wilson (off the bench I suspect) on the break.

PG

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Simple 0-10 win and "We are top of the league, say we are top of the league"

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
They're probably just as nervy about facing a side that's been rejuvenated over the last few weeks- winning four on the trot in the process- as we are about going up to face one of the strongest sides in the division.

Anything other than a defeat is a fantastic result, but IMAGINE if we won. Up to second, off the top on goal difference (albeit with the faltering Boro having a game in hand), 11 points clear of 7th... It's there for you to take boys :albion2:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here