Votes: 114 60.3%
  • You get what you see with Tomer!

Votes: 47 24.9%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Give him the tools to fail with then decide if he's a failure.

On paper, the rest of the season would appear to be right up his strada.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He looks more confident since he ended his dry spell. If the buildup for the third goal had happened a month a go he'd probably have taken extra touches and the chance would have gone. Instead it was a simple and perfectly weighted backheel.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Give him the tools to fail with then decide if he's a failure.

On paper, the rest of the season would appear to be right up his strada.

I think he will kick on from here. Would not surprise me to see him net 15 to 20 goals this term.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's sometimes hard to remember that it's still his first season in the UK and the Championship, so each game is still a learning curve for him. He's had some unnecessary criticism from some quarters but seeing him back to some sort of form and goalscoring touch is great. He's not what you would call a 'natural' goalscorer but one that thrives on confidence. We've seen that he has a good touch, he can hold the ball up well and has one hell of a header in him - he won't score with every chance he has but he will get the goals we need.

I initially thought that a starting duo of him and Zamora wouldn't work as they are similar players but CH has shown it can and does work. I like the man. Seems to genuinely enjoy playing both football and for Brighton. Long may it continue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think he will kick on from here. Would not surprise me to see him net 15 to 20 goals this term.
He clearly wasn't as 'bad' as his drought (and NSC) would have you believe.
Without Kaz and Solly, Van la Parra wasn't giving Murphy the space that Knockaert creates for him, and Tomer suffered accordingly.

As said Tomer now has everything he needs to be a success, although it's still easy to be critical.
For no other reason than he doesn't really put his laces through the ball, which in turn makes it easier for the keeper.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He clearly wasn't as 'bad' as his drought (and NSC) would have you believe.

Yes. Yes he was. Inevitable that there would be a 'told you so' thread such as this, after two goals (one well taken, one a soft tap-in) in two games. The underlying critical analysis on the earlier thread was pretty much spot-on IMHO and will prove to be so over the longer term. We need better.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Yes. Yes he was. Inevitable that there would be a 'told you so' thread such as this, after two goals (one well taken, one a soft tap-in) in two games. The underlying critical analysis on the earlier thread was pretty much spot-on IMHO and will prove to be so over the longer term. We need better.

That goal Saturday, was only a 'soft tap in' because he calmly made it so. The likes of CMS would have smashed it straight at the oncoming keeper, and been told they were 'unlucky'.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That goal Saturday, was only a 'soft tap in' because he calmly made it so. The likes of CMS would have smashed it straight at the oncoming keeper, and been told they were 'unlucky'.

Agree. I love the term 'soft tap in' especially when many people miss them. He was in the right place, at right time and played the 'right' shot, what more could he have done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But 99% of the time you don't get better on a budget.

His miss v Brentford (?) powder puffed the ball into the side netting would suggest this is still a long way from a 'told you so' thread.

But it's clear he's not without some quality and it seems he'll have the team around him best suited to his attributes.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

It's no surprise that he has started scoring again when he is getting better service.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
He seems to have a great relationship with Knockers already which is brilliant to see

Isn't it those two that have a little handshake thing going on (like we used to have at school)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here