Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are You Being Served - 2016 Reboot

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I think i'm going to throw my telly out of the window. The BBC will make a politically correct total hash of it. Why not just show the originals in all their glory.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"The BBC are also reportedly planning reboots of Porridge, The Good Life, Up Pompeii!, and Keeping Up Appearances as part of the landmark sitcom series"

Ye gods, what next? Fawlty Towers?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
No way would they get away with some of the stuff in the original series. Can't imagine a character like Mr Humphries now, or Mr Lucas letching over Miss Brahms or Young Mr Grace's secretaries or Mrs Slocombe's pussy.

It'll be awful

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never really worked in the first place did it? Was always a bit cringeworthy, the kind of shallow unfunny crap like Dick Emery or Kenny Everett that your parents made you watch under the guise of Peak Time Light Entertainment. Even as a kid you knew that much.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Didn't like it in the first place but a remake will be even worse.

Lesley Joseph nailed on to play Mrs Slocombe imo, get your money on now :)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"The BBC are also reportedly planning reboots of Porridge, The Good Life, Up Pompeii!, and Keeping Up Appearances as part of the landmark sitcom series"

Ye gods, what next? Fawlty Towers?

Oh God, they really have run out of ideas for new telly haven't they?

I can understand them wanting to commemorate these shows, but why not just show the originals?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think i'm going to throw my telly out of the window. The BBC will make a politically correct total hash of it. Why not just show the originals in all their glory.
Sorry to burst your Daily Mail 'Political Correctness gone mad' rant, but they repeated the entire series on BBC2 a couple of years ago.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If this becomes anything like the Dads Army reviews it will be sh1te

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
As with many film versions of 70s/80s sitcoms it was based abroad and was utter rubbish.

image.jpg

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Never really worked in the first place did it? Was always a bit cringeworthy, the kind of shallow unfunny crap like Dick Emery or Kenny Everett that your parents made you watch under the guise of Peak Time Light Entertainment. Even as a kid you knew that much.

Have you been at the booze? 😃 Dick Emery was a genius, and Everett wasn't that far behind.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here