Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 6 screen repair?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Birthday weekend and too many beers celebrating that and the Albion win = dropped iPhone 6 and smashed the screen.

Current prices for repair I have found are around, a hard to stomach, £90-£130

Any suggestions / alternatives / time-machine rentals welcome.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought that sounded pricy as I broke mine in New York (beer, bar, dropped) and took it to the Apple Store at Grand Central Station and I thought it was around $100.

I have a cracked iPad Air I need to get repaired and noticed iMend as being quite local. However, I've just checked their site and your price seems to be about par. Suggestion on their site that there is a shortage of screens currently: http://imendltd.co.uk/iphone-6-iphone-6-plus-screen-glass-repair-display-assembly-repair-imend-ltd/

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
First thing I would do is check you home/contents insurance to see if you have gadget insurance.

if not, then see if you can add it. Should only cost a couple of quid a month and then claim in a couple of weeks.

I have it on mine and the wife has broken her screen 3 times while we have had it. Costs £15 excess each time but doesn't effect your no claims on the house insurance

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where do you live?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I used I-Mend last year, they were great. They came to my office fixed it whilst I was at work and it was complete in about 20 mins. cost about £60 for the call out and the parts. This was however for an I-Phone 5.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sure I saw a shop just south if Brighton station that had a neon display advertising iPhone screen repairs, must be plenty of work for him by the sound of it.

Mind you, the new Brickmaking program Apple now install means he is going to be out of work and Apple max their opportunity to get more cash for fixing a design flaw.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if not, then see if you can add it. Should only cost a couple of quid a month and then claim in a couple of weeks.
Recommending insurance fraud :eek:

Come on Mr Sock, no, that came out wrong - nope, still wrong - anyway, NSC is better than that Mr Sock.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I got my screen replaced at the Apple store in Bluewater about 3-4 months ago. It was £78 and took about 1.5 hours. They also do a full diagnostic check in case you've damaged it further. I was a bit worried as I could see a very minute kink in the shell and I was worried a new screen might not fit correctly, but it did. Worth paying a bit extra I think to get it done by Apple. You do need to book an appointment though, you can't just turn up.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Recommending insurance fraud :eek:

Come on Mr Sock, no, that came out wrong - nope, still wrong - anyway, NSC is better than that Mr Sock.

I would like to apologise on behalf of socks everywhere.

I was lucky as had it for about 2 years before claiming! Obviously what I meant was ... (How am I going to dig my way out of this one).... Contact your insurer and explain the situation, see if you could add Gadget insurance for the year and whether they would be nice enough to fix it this time as well, despite not being covered, as a gesture of good will.

Obviously I was just paraphrasing earlier... (although upon looking up paraphrasing I think i have been using it out of context for years, including in the post)

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Mind you, the new Brickmaking program Apple now install means he is going to be out of work and Apple max their opportunity to get more cash for fixing a design flaw.

This has been pointed out twice on here yet people continue to recommend third party repairers.

Odd.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This has been pointed out twice on here yet people continue to recommend third party repairers.

Odd.

Does he offer sorting out error 53 whilst he's at it?
As an android fan I was disappointed to find someone had already mentioned error 53 early on. However, it seems as you say, odd that people don't read the thread or even the posts immediately before theirs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here