Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion full of heart after Kayal's sweet strike [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
THIS is the moment Beram Kayal delivered a very special Valentine’s gift – and sent Albion into the heart of race for automatic promotion.
The Israeli star’s winner against Bolton put his side LEVEL on points with third-placed Burnley and just ONE POINT behind Middlesbrough, who go to Leeds tonight.
Their hard-earned 3-2 success over Bolton, in which Jamie Murphy and Tomer Hemed were again on target, also keeps them hot on the heels of leaders Hull City, who they visit tomorrow.

Kayal told The Argus the goal and celebration were dedicated to his wife Angela after a special request on the weekend of Valentine’s Day.
He revealed: “My wife asked me for a goal for Valentine’s Day.
“It was the first time she had asked. I asked what she wanted for a present and she said, ‘I need a goal’.
“It was for her, she was at the game. It was special.”
Kayal, who earned man-of-the-match honours, has been carrying a groin injury while driving Albion on.
Assistant manager Colin Calderwood told The Argus: “He’s got a niggling injury. He’s got fairly chunky legs! It’s in and around that area.
“In some games when it flares up it really does hinder him, so there’s a bit of management going on with him and one or two other players.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here