Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
calderwood-bolton-l229-2954972_478x359.jpg

Colin Calderwood
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 15th February 2016
by James Hilsum
The post-match thoughts of Colin Calderwood and Neil Lennon.
We broke forward with some bright and inventive play and that was typified with the winning goal."
Colin Calderwood
COLIN CALDERWOOD is delighted to see Brighton & Hove Albion becoming more clinical in front of goal following the 3-2 win over Bolton Wanderers.
The assistant boss admits there will be question marks over some of the defending leading up to Bolton’s two goals, but is happy to see goals being spread around the team.
He said, “We’ll all complain about how their goals have come about and we’ve got to lessen that and deal with the dangers which teams pose to us from crosses.
“But we look like scoring goals and we got another three on Saturday and that’s something which is very encouraging.
“I felt we always looked dangerous. We broke forward with some bright and inventive play and that was typified with the winning goal. There was some good combination play on the edge of the box and a smart finish from Beram [Kayal].
“It’s nice to see Tomer [Hemed] and Jamie Murphy adding another goal each, because there was a time when only Bobby [Zamora] was scoring goals. Now we’re looking for our centre-halves to get on the end of set-plays because that’s part of their jobs as well.”
The Scot was pleased with Liam Ridgewell’s contribution during his loan spell from Portland Timbers and is confident that there is enough cover in the left-back position, with Gaetan Bong and Liam Rosenior yet to return from injury.
“You could see the improvement in him [Liam] and what he brought to the team, as he got gradually fitter and match fit after his break from the MLS.
“It is unfortunate that he goes back, but the upside is that we have got people approaching fitness and when you look at our bench and the boys who were not even stripped today, we have got a depth and that depth is really concentrated into one unit.
“They are very much together in what they want to achieve.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

NEIL LENNON felt Bolton’s defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday was down to fine margins in the game and praised the overall performance from his players.
He told bwfc.co.uk, “The game hinged on two key moments in the second half. David Stockdale pulled off a brilliant save from Liam Feeney and a moment of madness from us for their third goal.
“We lost the ball in a key area and were punished for it. We can’t be doing that at this level. Coming into the game nobody really gave us a chance, but I didn’t think there was much in the game.
“I can’t criticise them [the players] too much. It was always going to be a difficult game and I thought we played very well for the large part of it. We came back twice from being a goal down and in the end we’ve lost the game. I thought we looked like a good side and that we played with a lot of cohesion, which makes the result all the more frustrating.”
The Bolton boss was disappointed with all three of Brighton’s goals, which he felt were avoidable, but remains confident that his side can escape relegation this season.
“We will always look at goals we conceded and analyse them, but today I thought they were poor and that we shot ourselves in the foot. The pass for the first goal should have been cut out. I’m not quite sure why that didn’t happen. The second goal is a break away and we got caught in possession for the third goal.”
“They [results] haven’t gone for us today, but there is still a lot of football to be played. We’ve been in decent form in the last few weeks and we still believe we can get out of the position we’re in.”
[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY **
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]FRIDAY 11TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here