Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona penalty

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Outrageous penalty by Messi. He faked to shoot, keeper dived and rolled it 5 yards to his right for Suarez to score his hat-trick. Never seen one like that before. Unbelievable.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Outrageous penalty by Messi. He faked to shoot, keeper dived and rolled it 5 yards to his right for Suarez to score his hat-trick. Never seen one like that before. Unbelievable.

Made me spit my vino out! Unreal. Looks like he encroached a tad but who cares?

Five Barca goals in last 30 mins - one of the best half hours of attacking football you will ever see. Different species.

Oh and it would have been Messi's 300th goal if he had scored the pen but chose not to...

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Just making a mockery out of a competitive game in a top league where there is little competition apart from 2/3 clubs.

Leicester, who were unlucky today, are showing why the Premiership and the unpredictable championship are the most exciting leagues in the world.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Its not unbelievable its been done before.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How was the Ajax one nt offside???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And many years before.... (2min 35sec)

https://youtu.be/hFk0xqO4VkU?t=2m35s

Where the hell does that no.4 defender come from? I assume outside the area but on the side - are you even allowed to do that now? Not a bad idea in case the keeper spills it sideways but in sure it's 'behind the ball' now...?

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I was sure someone did something similar maybe 20 years ago. Highbury, North bank. My version of history also includes the goal being disallowed for ungentlemanly conduct and a subsequent rule change to outlaw any repetitions. Unfortunately I can't find it after a reasonable attempt so memory must be playing tricks.

More importantly, this just seems to me like another step on the road towards the Harlem Globetrotterisation of La Liga. Some fantastic players but so little competition. This is what we can look forward to if collective TV rights in the UK (perhaps I should say England) are broken up by that clown at Leeds.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just an opinion but I think FIFA should outlaw such a move it is just taking the p..s out of fellow professionals.

I wouldnt want to see a Brighton player do it irrespective of the score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here