Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PPI again ! anyone successfully claimed?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The number of call I'm getting is increasing and when questioning I'm told I'm now on a database of those not yet claimed, Is there such a database ??

I have humoured a few and gone through the list of loans,credit cards and mortgages I've have over the years and they all come back saying I’m due 8-9k yea course I am.

And then they want to credit my bank with a pound then debit again to confirm I'm who i say i am, and then they want a £300 payment up front to etc etc

All a load of bollocks.

But..................... whilst at a family gathering this weekend talking to a a couple of very trusted relies who like me over the years not got in debt unduly just the usual mortgages and CC's who both thought like me not due anything finally relented and went with a company call FCC i believe and one had 14k ! and the other a modest 3.5k so its got me thinking maybe i am dues something.

I’ve had 8 or 9 direct mortgages, dozen or so credit cards and a few loans.

But as read on here “do it yourself its easy” i don’t have the time or inclination to it so want a company to do it for me.

Anyone on here in that sort of line of business? want to act for me or anyone had a success with a decent company that don’t want an excessive cut from it,

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All the PPI companies are parasites. If you've ever taken out any kind of repayment insurance, contact the bank/card provider directly. They have armies of people full time on this stuff (and are under very close scrutiny from the regulators), and if you're due anything you'll keep it all yourself, not end up with 50% of it (or less).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The number of call I'm getting is increasing and when questioning I'm told I'm now on a database of those not yet claimed, Is there such a database ??

I have humoured a few and gone through the list of loans,credit cards and mortgages I've have over the years and they all come back saying I’m due 8-9k yea course I am.

And then they want to credit my bank with a pound then debit again to confirm I'm who i say i am, and then they want a £300 payment up front to etc etc

All a load of bollocks.

But..................... whilst at a family gathering this weekend talking to a a couple of very trusted relies who like me over the years not got in debt unduly just the usual mortgages and CC's who both thought like me not due anything finally relented and went with a company call FCC i believe and one had 14k ! and the other a modest 3.5k so its got me thinking maybe i am dues something.

But as read on here “do it yourself its easy” i don’t have the time or inclination to it so want a company to do it for me.

Anyone on here in that sort of line of business? want to act for me or anyone had a success with a decent company that don’t want an excessive cut from it,

Sorry, but you must be mad to get someone else to do the donkey work for you, there is always somebody out there to fleece for a quick buck.
Do it yourself and get the satisfaction that no one has to be paid.
I did and recieved just under £4000 back from Natwest :)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
All the PPI companies are parasites. If you've ever taken out any kind of repayment insurance, contact the bank/card provider directly. They have armies of people full time on this stuff (and are under very close scrutiny from the regulators), and if you're due anything you'll keep it all yourself, not end up with 50% of it (or less).

That's the point, there will be over 20 different companies and some i can't remember so hence why I want them to do the leg work.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012

All a load of bollocks.

go on the martin lewis website. he explains how to do it and gives you a template to print off, so you only have a few simple things to do. i've had loads of success. it's easy.

D

Deleted User X18H

DIY son. Make a compliant. The FCA interprets any expression of dissatisfaction as a complaint . The trick is to prove PPI was mis-sold. Duel insurance cover is the key to this. If your employer offered a benefits package at the time PPI was sold it is likely to parallel PPI = unfair.

Good luck .

DO NOT USE CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
DIY son. Make a compliant. The FCA interprets any expression of dissatisfaction as a complaint . The trick is to prove PPI was mis-sold. Duel insurance cover is the key to this. If your employer offered a benefits package at the time PPI was sold it is likely to parallel PPI = unfair.

Good luck .

DO NOT USE CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES

"The trick is to prove PPI was mis-sold." you see i don't have the expertise to do that, and reading ML pages just confuses me more and know i will just get pissed off and do notheing like i have since the whole PPI thing broke.
I cant remember the the name of most of the mortgages companies i used, and ML pages says you can get a credit report for £2 that goes back only 6 years, my mortgage finished 6 years ago so it wont list all them all that i had previously or who i have credit cards with, i don't have access to this info and i believe the PPI chasers do have access to be able to find this information ? is this right,
Hence why i don't want to go it alone.

D

Deleted User X18H

"The trick is to prove PPI was mis-sold." you see i don't have the expertise to do that, and reading ML pages just confuses me more and know i will just get pissed off and do notheing like i have since the whole PPI thing broke.
I cant remember the the name of most of the mortgages companies i used, and ML pages says you can get a credit report for £2 that goes back only 6 years, my mortgage finished 6 years ago so it wont list all them all that i had previously or who i have credit cards with, i don't have access to this info and i believe the PPI chasers do have access to be able to find this information ? is this right,
Hence why i don't want to go it alone.
If you worked for a company when you took out PPI that will have paid you a DISB (death in service benefit) or would have paid you to be sick for over 3 months, then you would have been unlikely to have needed PPI. The finance company should have established this before selling you the product. Simple as that really.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
If you must go with a company, I would suggest stake your claim as they take 12.5% plus VAT of any return you get. Others are 30 or 40%

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
been running around the last couple of hours,
Am i right you can't claim it for endowment polices as it was not sold with them as it is a form or PPI in itself?
What about lenders that don't exist now? saw something about a FCA register?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
£9.5K which was penny I ever paid.
Claimed myself and it wasn't difficult even though I didn't have full details - the banks did the leg work and actually came up with stuff I'd long forgotten about.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
been running around the last couple of hours,
Am i right you can't claim it for endowment polices as it was not sold with them as it is a form or PPI in itself?
What about lenders that don't exist now? saw something about a FCA register?

Endownment policies have nothing to do with PPI, as they we usually sold in conjunction with interest only mortgages. There was a separate misselling issue with endownment policies given that they are not performing as well as indicated when sold. You would have have literature from your endownment provider a few years ago giving details of what you could do. I believe that the timeframe for claiming compensation on these has now passed.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I was getting about a dozen calls a week a couple of years ago so decided to look into it myself. Went through the online process with barclaycard and within a month got told in writing I was due around 3k plus interest. Around 2 weeks later I received a cheque for over £3700!!!

I'm terrible with all financial stuff, the jargon, legalities ect but found the process pretty painless. I'd recommend trying to go through it yourself for every loan, creditcard, mortgage you've ever had.
Why let anyone else take a slice of the pie.

Good luck.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
As already said, use Martin Lewis' template and he even tells you what constitutes misselling of PPI - so pick one reason and send a really basic letter off to a few likely lenders.

If a company has changed its name or been bought out by another company (e.g. Alliance & Leicester PPI = complain to Santander) then Google is your friend.

I have reclaimed over £3000 with one letter, using that template. No fuss, no having to prove anything, just try to find your account number or something if you can, to make it easier.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I had them with Cheshire and First active along with as few others, who are no longer trading does this mean i can't claim?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Take 10 minutes on jot down on a bit of paper all the companies you've borowed from. Use Google to see who now owns them and their PPI claims address. Copy or write your own template giving your name and all your previous addresses. Print off and send to previously mentioned addresses. It took me around an hour. You don't have to provide loan numbers etc.

If you can't be bothered to invest a hour then you might as well not bother as the form PPI companies send you will take you longer than that to complete.

Stumpy Tim

I used a solicitor's that I had used for other legal work. They came up with lenders I had no idea I had used - some lenders sell your debt to others, so they are the ones liable. I ended up with around £4.5k, and frankly would never have bothered without them.

Some of the companies are sharks, but I used one that was no win no pay. They took around 30%, but it was worth it for me.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
My parents did it recently for a credit card they've only ever spent around £3k on and received £13,000. It just shows the obscene amount of money these *******s have been robbing people of over the years.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here