Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saturday 3 O'clock Home Games

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was yesterday likely to be the last one of the season at home with a regulation KO.

Burnley must be a dead cert for a live game but I suppose if Derby carry on imploding it might make it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Burnley fixture had better NOT be a televised game. As I posted on a similar thread, I'm taking some friends to the match and this will be their first Amex experience and can only be possible on a Saturday afternoon.

Well I wouldn't hold your breath. Surely if things continue the way they are now, 3rd and 4th in the table, it would be a relative cert for live coverage.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Good. Could well do without any more 3pm Saturday games this season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That could well be it now for Saturday 3pms this season.

Burnley and Derby would be big targets for TV coverage, but for now we wait and see.

el punal

Well I wouldn't hold your breath. Surely if things continue the way they are now, 3rd and 4th in the table, it would be a relative cert for live coverage.

Yes, I understand that it's the curse of being successful and in that respect we should welcome it. But, coming up on the horizon, the Albion have televised games involving Cardiff, Leeds, Reading, and Fulham (I think that's correct). Talking about being the media darlings!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Was yesterday likely to be the last one of the season at home with a regulation KO.

Burnley must be a dead cert for a live game but I suppose if Derby carry on imploding it might make it.

I guess the last home game (Derby) may well be moved to noon, like last season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, I understand that it's the curse of being successful and in that respect we should welcome it. But, coming up on the horizon, the Albion have televised games involving Cardiff, Leeds, Reading, and Fulham (I think that's correct). Talking about being the media darlings!
Fulham is not on TV, it's a Friday night because of Brighton Marathon weekend.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure I missed this, but why is the Fulham game on a Friday when the Marathon is on the Sunday?
Marathon weekend - I believe there are other races going on on the Saturday, but I'm not paticularly interested so may be wrong.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's one very sad refelection of the modern game

Why all things move forward. We are no longer in an era where factory workers finish at lunchtime on a Saturday then make their way to the match. Surprised there isnt more flexible kick off times from clubs to fit in with modern livestyles. Yes moving games may cause problems but most can adapt and make a decision on attendance and make suitable arrangements.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why all things move forward. We are no longer in an era where factory workers finish at lunchtime on a Saturday then make their way to the match. Surprised there isnt more flexible kick off times from clubs to fit in with modern livestyles. Yes moving games may cause problems but most can adapt and make a decision on attendance and make suitable arrangements.

We live in an era where many Brighton fans commute to London and struggle to get back for a Friday evening kick off.
The same fans that probably don't have to work on Saturday.

3PM kick offs get my vote, I hate Saturday games being moved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here