Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mascot / Bolton dugout experience

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Evening all,

Two stories in one.

Had a great experience taking my boy as a mascot yesterday, he loved every minute. The mock press conference when we arrived was a great touch and he got to lead out onto the pitch with his favourite player Anthony Knockeart which was amazing...and he didn't look that shorter than him and he's only 7!

Having sat in all sides of the Amex I was really looking forward to sitting next to the dugouts yesterday to see what the pitch view and atmos was like, great view loved being that close to the subs and CH, atmos lacking in WSL though...look forward to being back in my new North stand seat with the boy for the next game.

I was right behind the Bolton bench and literally inches from the Bolton back up staff down the side of the tunnel. What surprised me was how Sunday league their whole set up was. Honestly three or four of them in the technical area moaning and bitching at their players when they made a mistake all f'ing and jeffing at their players. Players looked scared of them. Neil Lennon looked like a complete bully, and has clearly lost his old skills cause he missed kicking the ten chewing gum pieces he spat out in frustration.

Overall great day out, lovely being so close to CH and the subs, Skalak looks keen! cannot wait for him to settle in...and seeing CH with his son at the end was a nice touch too.

Has anyone else been close to the away team staff and thought the idea of professional managers being motivational and highly technical etc was a given, and then realised that actually they are just as two bob as what you see down the parks on a Sunday morning?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Evening all,

Two stories in one.

Had a great experience taking my boy as a mascot yesterday, he loved every minute. The mock press conference when we arrived was a great touch and he got to lead out onto the pitch with his favourite player Anthony Knockeart which was amazing...and he didn't look that shorter than him and he's only 7!

Having sat in all sides of the Amex I was really looking forward to sitting next to the dugouts yesterday to see what the pitch view and atmos was like, great view loved being that close to the subs and CH, atmos lacking in WSL though...look forward to being back in my new North stand seat with the boy for the next game.

I was right behind the Bolton bench and literally inches from the Bolton back up staff down the side of the tunnel. What surprised me was how Sunday league their whole set up was. Honestly three or four of them in the technical area moaning and bitching at their players when they made a mistake all f'ing and jeffing at their players. Players looked scared of them. Neil Lennon looked like a complete bully, and has clearly lost his old skills cause he missed kicking the ten chewing gum pieces he spat out in frustration.

Overall great day out, lovely being so close to CH and the subs, Skalak looks keen! cannot wait for him to settle in...and seeing CH with his son at the end was a nice touch too.

Has anyone else been close to the away team staff and thought the idea of professional managers being motivational and highly technical etc was a given, and then realised that actually they are just as two bob as what you see down the parks on a Sunday morning?

Very interesting post. I think the bench area is all down to the manager. If you looked at Evans this season when Rotherham came down he was batshit mental. Compare that to Hyypia last season who we barely saw. The best approach is surely somewhere down the middle. Like CH.

I was in WSL 1901 for Ipswich. Hated it. Sterile and boring.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Evening all,

Two stories in one.

I was.surprised Lennon didnt get more of a talking to for his repeated incursions onto the pitch in the second half

crabtree seagull

Nov 7, 2007
My son was a mascot earlier in the season. The club really do look after the mascots extremely well.

Very interesting sitting so close to management and subs of opposition. It seemed quite basic too.

Evening all,

Two stories in one.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Very interesting post. I think the bench area is all down to the manager. If you looked at Evans this season when Rotherham came down he was batshit mental. Compare that to Hyypia last season who we barely saw. The best approach is surely somewhere down the middle. Like CH.

I was in WSL 1901 for Ipswich. Hated it. Sterile and boring.

I don't need to be nearer to see Evans lose his shit!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

All that 'highly technical' BS is pure fantasy spun by SKY. Football is a universal language, in which we're all 'two bob as what you see down the parks on a Sunday morning'. And all the better for it IMHO. Long may it continue!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Evening all,

Two stories in one.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

In this pic?
(Apols seem to have duplicated)

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

I helped arrange it for a chap last season (in one of our characteristically anaemic performances) and the only thing he got from the game itself was how little passion Hyypia had on the touchline. Glad you had a great day :clap2:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I sat behind the bench for the Newport league cup game, my uncle got into a slagging match with Edinburgh when Calderon broke their player's leg. I quite enjoyed the experience but I guess managers aren't usually that interactive.

:lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Sat behind the Arsenal bench for last years FA Cup defeat.
Best atmosphere I have experienced at the stadium.
Having 4000 away fans always helps an atmosphere.
The only time I have felt/heard noise coming from all areas of the ground.
Son was a mascot at the game, best day ever for him.
Club laid out a training area and session for the mascots at the Arsenal end whilst they did there session.
Sanchez was real class with the mascots when he came off after warm up. Class Act.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Oh yeh - I forgot that Dobbie was on the bench for them - didn't get to sing the always on loan song :(

Remember when palace mugged us for him & he was the best player they've had along with Glenn Murray & single handedly dragged them into the play offs?

I've been trying to forget the playoffs :moo:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've been trying to forget the playoffs :moo:

What play offs? They don't even count as games - just a random lottery where often the worst team goes up... :)

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Lennon's whole managerial technique seemed to be to shout the word 'FORWARD!' I always thought there was a mystique in the way managers advised the players until I heard Poyet tell Will Buckley to 'play on the right and do your best'. Seemed to work though because he scored about five minutes later.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
My son was a mascot earlier in the season. The club really do look after the mascots extremely well.

Very interesting sitting so close to management and subs of opposition. It seemed quite basic too.

Am I right in thinking it costs £300 to be a mascot? If so, there anyway to blag it without shelling out that kind of money?

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Who was the Gordon Ramsey wannabe stood just by the tunnel entrance? He seemed to suddenly appear in the Bolton technical area at various points throughout the game and after having a chat with Lennon then disappeared to take up his spot again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here