Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Luck and thank you to Liam Ridgewell.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
I would like to wish Liam Ridgewell good luck for the coming season in the MLS, he came in and did an excellent job at LB, solid defensively and not so great going forward, but that was exactly what we needed while our first and second choice LB out with injury. Another great signing from the management team.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would like to wish Liam Ridgewell good luck for the coming season in the MLS, he came in and did an excellent job at LB, solid defensively and not so great going forward, but that was exactly what we needed while our first and second choice LB out with injury. Another great signing from the management team.

Amen to that. I felt a little suprised, and was disappointed for him, that the fans didn't really show their appreciation for him when he was substituted late in the game yesterday.

Also surprised and disappointed that Portland Timbers won't extend his loan for another week or two until Bong and/or Rosenior are fit to return. After all, the MLS isn't due to start yet, and surely he would be better off playing competitive football with us, rather than just training and playing meaningless friendlies in the USA?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is that it then, he's gone...its not as if the general public knew that, or am I alone?

Club confirmed it and he did a "goodbye" interview on Radio Snooze last night.

I'd like to echo the OP. Obviously as a loan player you're not as 'bought in' as the permies, and I think his level of effort was in line with that but I never got frustrated with him the way I did with Joe Bennett last season. Very professional and only has good things to say about the club.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Yes - thank you. No coincidence that our fortunes turned around when we had a proper left back. Did a great job for us and I wish he was here at least for the next week or games until we have a fit replacement.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Very good in the Bolton game. Ordinary and very average in the others.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
felt a little suprised, and was disappointed for him, that the fans didn't really show their appreciation for him when he was substituted late in the game yesterday.

I doubt most knew, and that isn't an insult towards the fans, it wasn't exactly vocalised!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not sure why he's being held with any sort of regard. An awful player who was clearly no better than Calde.

Better off without him, glad we're sending him back.

What do you expect? Short term loan player playing in one of two positions he can occupy. Not even a full on left back. That said way better than Calde in that position.

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
Did an adequate job but the guy's an arse. I won't miss him.

story_31105_ridgewellarse.jpg

:tosser:

What do you expect? Short term loan player playing in one of two positions he can occupy. Not even a full on left back. That said way better than Calde in that position.

An example... I expected him to pickup the clearly unmarked Heskey on Saturday so we wouldn't concede the first goal.

He's not the worst player in the world, but really didn't give us anything we didn't have already. Played a handful of games didn't excel in any of them and was woeful at Rotherham throughout.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Disappointingly average loan player considering his reputation and pedigree.

He directly contributed to at least two opposition goals during his short spell (for example his atrocious header in the build up to Bolton's second yesterday), was regularly poor and careless with the ball and beaten too easily.

He gave us balance with his left foot in a crucial position, but I was expecting more. As I've said before he looked as if he was in pre-season mode, which I suppose is not surprising!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here