Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fire Drill

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
By the self proclaimed "bestest fans in the whole wide world"!

IMG_20160214_183423.jpgIMG_20160214_183412.jpg

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Did you also see the Arsenal game. Top of the table clash score at 1.1 and people leaving on 85 mins....I really don't get it?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well it does seem now that the penny has finally dropped for the palace fools that this doesn't just happen at the amex.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It could be that because the price of a ST is discounted by around 5% per match, that some ST holders think that they are unable to see the last 5% or around 5 minutes of each match because they haven't paid for it? - It would explain why they stay until the final whistle at away games when they have paid full price and despite having further to travel to get home so will get home later than an away game

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well it does seem now that the penny has finally dropped for the palace fools that this doesn't just happen at the amex.
I think that is the salient point. Many palace trolls were quick to point out that we had a 'fire drill' on 85 minutes. It's nice that now palace finally get on the TV a few times, they are shown up to not be so special themselves. Although judging by the number of tourists visiting for a day out in London's nether regions, their proper fans, about 11000 of them, are mostly still in the ground.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Did you also see the Arsenal game. Top of the table clash score at 1.1 and people leaving on 85 mins....I really don't get it?

Turn up on 5-7m, gone 5 mins before HT, stroll back 5mins after HT and gone between 83-87m for quite a few around me.

Wouldn't be so bad if it was for comfortable wins (1) or sound defeats (1) but we've been sitting on 1 goal leads, or drawing and pushing for the winner in most home games I can remember this season, and the same happens.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Don't think we can talk with the amount that go home on the 85 minute because of the urban myth that is our transport system.

The thing is none of us make out we're the best fans in the country or claim a " legendary " atmosphere. These pictures merely serve to underline what a bunch of self appreciating nobends the always ultras/holmesdale ****wits are.

#pardewin

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Massive Fire Drill at Villa Park this afternoon. To be fair to the poor b'stards I wouldn't pay their prices to watch that tripe in the first place. American owners are poison :whistle:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Stop it stop it!
I am aware of that, but surly you go to football matches for the thrill and the excitement ? The last 5 to 10 mins can be the most exciting .
There you go again!

I really can't stand it when our friends from up the road talk such sense. [emoji20]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't think we can talk with the amount that go home on the 85 minute because of the urban myth that is our transport system.

It is frightening how many people leave early and miss vital late goals, I would almost add why bother going if you are not going to watch the whole game

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I just cannot get my head around it when people leave with 7 or 8 minutes to go plus time added on.
I appreciate the fact that some people may be elderly or have a long distance to travel but we are having a great season and yes we need their money but I find it embarrassing for the players and loyal fans alike to see people heading for the exits.
Unfortunately it happens at most grounds now and yes I did notice this on motd this morning when watching the Palace game.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
There's a difference between those that leave earlyto beat the rush and those that leave to beat the rush because their side is getting beaten .

How many of us have gone to the cinema and not sat right through a film even though it was shit?

Super duper Uber fans out in force again I see.

Seriously, I've left early quite a few times, nobody has ever even so much as tutted. And if anyone did, I'd smack them in the boat.

What I do is up to me, couldn't give a flying toss what anyone else thinks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You pays your money and you takes your choice. I can't imagine going to see The Mousetrap and leaving early. "Do you know what dear, I don't care whodunnit, I just want to get the 2A before all these peasants". So it is with close games IMO. However, if we're 3 down and playing shit I reserve the right to leave and go back to the pub. Pretty simple. Like our cousins from Croydon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here