Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chances of promotion

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very hard to call at present, we have 4 games in very quick succession and need either Roseniot or Bong back very quickly.

We will have a dip in form as will others but all to play for.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Right this minute, if I was forced to give an answer, it would be...

"Pretty good".

Of course anything can happen, and I don't want to get over confident, but the above is how I'm feeling at this point in proceedings.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Playoff's a real possibility but if we keep up with the pace and others around us keep dropping points then automatic is no out of the question either. Middlesburgh have taken just 1 out of a possible 12 points at present.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am second to bottom of the SFL fantasy league, second division, so I am going to predict a horrible run of results leaving us outside the playoffs. I have a suspicion (and hope) that DT, who is currently many points behind me, is predicting relegation. :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I would be very disappointed to not make the play-offs at least from where we are now. As for automatic? Let's see in three matches time.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
80% confident of playoff spot, from which (depending on placements) with this squad we should be due a trip to wembley = anything can happen.
50% confident of automatic, which would shift substantially depending on Tuesday's result.

Think we'll be able to give a fairer assessment in 3 games time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We'll end up top six. 50% of the teams finishing in the top six will be promoted. Judging by our performances against Hull, Burnley & Derby, we are better than those teams. Worst case scenario is losing in the play offs (to Boro?). We lost all form in the play-offs under Gus & Oscar (2nd games only), let's hope Chris can keep the boys cool under pressure should we reach Wembley.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We'll end up top six. 50% of the teams finishing in the top six will be promoted. Judging by our performances against Hull, Burnley & Derby, we are better than those teams. Worst case scenario is losing in the play offs (to Boro?). We lost all form in the play-offs under Gus & Oscar (2nd games only), let's hope Chris can keep the boys cool under pressure should we reach Wembley.

More to the point, let's hope CH hasn't decided to leave before a ball has even been kicked in the playoffs. That might at least give us a fighting chance.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I'm confident of playoffs but promotion is a different kettle of fish. Sheff Weds lol are looking unstoppable a present and if they continue i can, unfortunately, see them winning them. Hooper just cant stop scoring. I am writing Derby off as they are doing the usual Implosion act and as for Burnley, like Will Mckenzie said in the first Inbetweeners film, "Burnley can f**k off".

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I think it'll be a long time until we have a season like we're having again, we need to make the most of it and go up this year!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Not worth posting about and possibly we should put it out of our minds !

Just concentrate on encouraging the team !

Que sera sera !

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Hopefully Middlesboro and Sheffield Wed will be promoted leaving us in a division we can be comfortable in and be financially safe,this will be good for our present players and manager,I dont want to see the Amex half empty after we are relegated from the Premiership

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm confident of playoffs but promotion is a different kettle of fish. Sheff Weds lol are looking unstoppable a present and if they continue i can, unfortunately, see them winning them. Hooper just cant stop scoring. I am writing Derby off as they are doing the usual Implosion act and as for Burnley, like Will Mckenzie said in the first Inbetweeners film, "Burnley can f**k off".

'Derby's usual implosion' is a bit like 'The Derby Way'. They imploded last season, but when have they done it before. Similarly, beyond towards the end of Clough's tenure and the start of McLaren's, they haven't exactly been known for thrilling football.
Given the quality in their squad, including the knowhow of how to get to the play-offs, I'm not writing them off just yet. They are causing entertainment at present, however.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think it'll be a long time until we have a season like we're having again, we need to make the most of it and go up this year!

Depends on the summer, but somewhat in agreement.

Nothing riles me more than the overused and loathsome cliche 'If someone offered you at the start of season to challenge for a playoff place, you'd snap their hand off'.

As if to say the fans pre-season expectations actually mean anything, Leeds and Derby would have been promoted 15 times if they did.

Almost as annoying as the many who say we need to 'build on our squad in the summer and make a push next season'. I'd love to think that way, and if we did keep our squad intact and acquire a striker of real merit I think we would be challenging. Unfortunately history tells me that teams will be after our players, and Tony has made it pretty clear that we won't be going all in and taking major risks on the finance front. Dunk will come up again, Stephens, some lower PL sides may even be looking at Knockaert. Add on the fact that we must have a fair few contracts expiring, new club captain? Bruno, Calde, BZ, couple decent loans ending.

Not to mention we might have a couple of well supported clubs coming down spunking money to their heart's content. Make no mistake, come August it will be another reset button I personally have no idea what kind of form we can accomplish.

Not saying this year is a one time opportunity by any means, but we really need to take it based on the form we're on and the squad we have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here