Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clattenburg

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Why does this knob always have to be the star of the TV games.
Crap decision for a Spurs penalty....He struts around and over-emphasises every decision

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Crap decision for a Spurs penalty
It wasn't that bad a decision. Defenders shouldn't jump with their arms away from their body, he did, and it hit his arm. A harsh decision maybe, but probably the right one to be honest. That's why Inigo and Barnes would always have their arms behind their back when in their own area.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
It wasn't that bad a decision. Defenders shouldn't jump with their arms away from their body, he did, and it hit his arm. A harsh decision maybe, but probably the right one to be honest. That's why Inigo and Barnes would always have their arms behind their back when in their own area.

Lol. It was a shocking decision. Didn't touch his arm and his arm wasn't away from his body!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Refs want to be centre of attention now - been like this for years - re the decision - shocker IMO

Refereeing football attracts too many of the wrong type. I hesitate to even contemplate the state of some of their psyches. I'm sure its the bloody refs who oppose more widespread use of technology - because it would take away more of their power and deminish their own ego experience. My former head of department was a referee. Wielding power was his thing. But a far more wise senior colleague had him taped: 'good NCO but not officer material'. Sums up a lot of referees in my book. And we see far more of the worse ones in our little division. Only slighly better than what we enjoyed in div 3: 'random decision generators', I recall, mostly, because they seemed to think it didn't really matter at 'our' level. I'm all cross now :angry:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Why does this knob always have to be the star of the TV games.
Crap decision for a Spurs penalty....He struts around and over-emphasises every decision
He's like a strutting peacock. I bet he gets his hair done for every game. Agree with his over emphasis on decisions.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Refereeing football attracts too many of the wrong type. I hesitate to even contemplate the state of some of their psyches. I'm sure its the bloody refs who oppose more widespread use of technology - because it would take away more of their power and deminish their own ego experience. My former head of department was a referee. Wielding power was his thing. But a far more wise senior colleague had him taped: 'good NCO but not officer material'. Sums up a lot of referees in my book. And we see far more of the worse ones in our little division. Only slighly better than what we enjoyed in div 3: 'random decision generators', I recall, mostly, because they seemed to think it didn't really matter at 'our' level. I'm all cross now :angry:

Booo! Where's the down-vote button when you need it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lol. It was a shocking decision. Didn't touch his arm and his arm wasn't away from his body!
One of us is blind. His elbow was out, away from his body. Not sure how you can think it wasn't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
One of us is blind. His elbow was out, away from his body. Not sure how you can think it wasn't.

To be fair, from most of the camera angles it looked like it hit his back, there was only one shot from the byline that showed it hit his elbow. Still, Clattenburg couldn't have seen it and not easy to get any elevation without your arms being out to a certain extent. Harsh one.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Let me guess - you're a referee :lolol:

I was once. You might be onto something with Clattenburg in particular, but it's harsh to sweep all refs under the umbrella of power-mad odious cretins. The majority of us weren't bullied at school or do it for the hell of it. Some do it out of a love for the game, others to earn a bit of extra money at weekends. It's a thankless task, and you'll always get ********s in it for all the wrong reasons...but it's not fair to paint us all as being prats.

Oh, and on the subject of video replays...like they'll ever eliminate all controversy from the game. But that's for another thread.

Words hurt you know :'-(

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Martin Atkinson just as bad in Arsenal v Leicester. Their pen was probably 50/50. In fact technically a penalty in the laws but no doubt Vardy "won it" rather than a flat our foul. But, of course, Arsenal should have had a free kick up the other end before the play developed. Evened up with the softest sending off I've seen all season. If that's a yellow we might as well give up and go home.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Evened up with the softest sending off I've seen all season. If that's a yellow we might as well give up and go home.
Not really evened up if you think it was the wrong decision, whereas you think the penalty was 50/50, and the sending off has given Arsenal 3 points.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Can't wait for the video replays to be introduced to do away with bad decisions and all this uncertainty

Oh ....

I can.

Much of what makes football so brilliant is the discussion about the rights and wrongs of the game, including debatable refereeing decisions. Take that away and you have what precisely?,..........No debate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here