Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terms and Conditions on a website...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Do they stand up when challenged?

I recently purchased an item that twice wasn't delivered on time and then where it came the order incomplete...without going into detail I requested compensation for 'consequential' loss...or at least a meaningful gesture..the company concerned said that there website stated somewhere in the small print that they don't compensate for consequential loss. Just as an aside having seen the product on there website I actually ordered over the phone.
Just wondered if anyone has come across this before.

TIA

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Do they stand up when challenged?

I recently purchased an item that twice wasn't delivered on time and then where it came the order incomplete...without going into detail I requested compensation for 'consequential' loss...or at least a meaningful gesture..the company concerned said that there website stated somewhere in the small print that they don't compensate for consequential loss. Just as an aside having seen the product on there website I actually ordered over the phone.
Just wondered if anyone has come across this before.

TIA

Not a leg to stand on:wave:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Jeez, consequential loss, I get idiots trying that on with our company. 'Really, thank you for letting me know, how unlucky, goodbye'.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What consequential loss did you suffer?

Without going into detail ..possibly having to pay for rebooking a persons time as the item in question didn't turn up on time.
I had already allowed for it not turning up the first time despite paying extra for next day delivery.
You could add inconvenience and the loss of earnings for my own time (self employed) for having to stay in twice

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Jeez, consequential loss, I get idiots trying that on with our company. 'Really, thank you for letting me know, how unlucky, goodbye'.

Just to say, Lamie has been let down by several companies all of them having taken his money but not lived up to their side of the so called contracts.
ie: Missing vanity unit handles - cracked vanity cupboard mirror - next day delivery paid for but took two days etc.
He has spent time talking to various idiots who all pass the buck.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Without going into detail ..possibly having to pay for rebooking a persons time as the item in question didn't turn up on time.
I had already allowed for it not turning up the first time despite paying extra for next day delivery.
You could add inconvenience and the loss of earnings for my own time (self employed) for having to stay in twice

If you paid by credit/debit card speak to your issuer about a chargeback.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here