Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
baker-chichester-l229-2952691_478x359.jpg

Faye Baker
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
07:00 14th February 2016
by James Hilsum
Faye Baker looks ahead to today's match v Chichester.
It was the first trophy that we won together as a team last season and it will be nice to retain it again this season."
Faye Baker
Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper Faye Baker stressed the importance of reaching the Sussex Challenge Cup Final when the side hosts Chichester City in a semi-final tie at Culver Road today.
The shot-stopper says the trophy holds added significance for the squad, with it being the first piece of silverware in James Marrs’s time as manager.
She said, “It was the first trophy that we won together as a team last season and it will be nice to retain it again this season.
“Everybody wants to win it and by doing so, it says you’re the best team in your county which is a nice thing to say.
“But it’s always going to be difficult playing them again because they know how we play, but at the same time we’ve grown over the past few months and I’d like to think we’re a lot stronger than we were then.
“I play with some of their players in representative football for Sussex so I know them quite well.
“They have some strong players all over the pitch and their right and left backs are particularly good on the ball.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The keeper then turned her attention back to the league and is happy that the destiny of the title is in Albion’s hands.
“It’s brilliant and much nicer to focus on your own games rather than having to worry about what other teams are doing and if any of them are slipping up.
“If we work our hardest in our last four games, then the league is ours.
“We’d much rather have the points on the board, rather than waiting for another team to slip up.”
Baker has also welcomed the increased competition in the squad, with Charlotte Sole making her way back to fitness following a long-term shoulder injury, while Nina Wilson and Molly Towers wait in the wings in the development squad.
“It’s nice to have more keepers to train with and to bounce off each other and help each other out, because it’s a very individual position.
“It’s hard to understand where a keeper is coming from mentally in terms of their decision making.
“It’s good to have that extra support and that increased competition makes you want it more because* you know someone wants your place.
“I am working even harder to ensure that number one spot remains mine.”[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY*
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING*
[/h]FRIDAY 11TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here