Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couple of changes maybe

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Not a moan about our lovely stadium but I noticed a couple of things that may imho do the club good if changed.
The Northstand maybe needs to be changed to a steep imposing Kop type stand it's just a bit too " flat " and small to make it threatening, if that's the right word. Plenty of room to do it if you look up and put the it's scoreboard in one of the corners.
Also changing the camera places completely so they face the huge West Stand including the managers dugout and tunnel etc.
And face the North Stand where the action and singing is and not a half empty away stand
Quite often on TV the ground looks half empty because of this.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not a moan about our lovely stadium but I noticed a couple of things that may imho do the club good if changed.
The Northstand maybe needs to be changed to a steep imposing Kop type stand it's just a bit too " flat " and small to make it threatening, if that's the right word. Plenty of room to do it if you look up and put the it's scoreboard in one of the corners.
Also changing the camera places completely so they face the huge West Stand including the managers dugout and tunnel etc.
And face the North Stand where the action and singing is and not a half empty away stand
Quite often on TV the ground looks half empty because of this.

Or save the money for players instead :whistle:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Make the changes and Increase the capacity when we get promoted. Another 5-10k then probably need to move to a new site for a 80k capacity stadium once we establish ourselves in the Prem and challenge for Europe. All pretty straightforward, realistic and achievable :D

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Make the changes and Increase the capacity when we get promoted. Another 5-10k then probably need to move to a new site for a 80k capacity stadium once we establish ourselves in the Prem and challenge for Europe. All pretty straightforward, realistic and achievable :D

Waterhall, Brighton Marina, Upper Beeding or Shoreham Airport, anyone ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Martin Perry said just after the Amex was built that the main TV camera positions had to be in the West Stand because of the effect of the sun on the cameras if placed in the East stand.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

We could build the new stadium in Lewes. They are desperate for us to be a bit closer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am sure TB will take heed of this as one fan wants to make changes but clearly offers no finance to actually pay for them

Feb 14, 2010
Agree the North Stand is too shallow, Ive also commented on this before. In an ideal world I would turn the lower East into a terrace when terracing comes back but I expect they will make the North Stand the terrace instead, as and when it happens in 5/10 years time. (its likely to happen now because the big clubs will want to squeeze more people in as they cant raise prices)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We could build the new stadium in Lewes. They are desperate for us to be a bit closer.

Interesting suggestion I was thinking more reclaiming the hallowed Goldstone site and developing the surrounding areas.

Chasing Palace fans up and down the old Shoreham road again* .... brings a tear to the eye.

*Assuming Palace stay up of course

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Agree the North Stand is too shallow, Ive also commented on this before. In an ideal world I would turn the lower East into a terrace when terracing comes back but I expect they will make the North Stand the terrace instead, as and when it happens in 5/10 years time. (its likely to happen now because the big clubs will want to squeeze more people in as they cant raise prices)

The best you could hope for is safe standing areas. That, and the exits available, will not increase capacity.

Feb 14, 2010
The best you could hope for is safe standing areas. That, and the exits available, will not increase capacity.

Not at all? Ridiculous if so. It was fences that caused the problem, not people standing next to each other. Still, when did common sense ever prevail.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well of course there are lifts currently for the WSU, just that the poor punters aren't allowed to use them, staff only, & for those on the stadium tour.

Well there's going to be the Brighton Eye going begging soon. Relocate&rebuild&rebrand at the stadium, add an entry and exit point and - bingo! - scenic transport up to WSU :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here