Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England's Number 1

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Just seen this on the BBC, It's stats for this season.

With Joe Hart showing signs that he is fallible, could Fraser Forster oust him in goal for the Euros?

image.jpeg

I think Roy should let him play a couple of friendlies and see if he can do it for England.

Last edited:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It's rather brilliant that we finally have some competition isn't it? I would give Butland a go as he has played behind a worse defence than the others and made far more saves.

But I would. Be happy with Forster as well as he is brilliant at times and been great since his come back from injury

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Butland for me should be number 1, much more consistent goalie than Hart, won't happen though as players still get into the side on reputation.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Forster will have to do that in a hell of a lot more games as it's a small sample.

All 3 are decent and the choice of who is 0.01% better than the others could be the difference between us winning a match at the finals

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
It's rather brilliant that we finally have some competition isn't it?

Absolutely, We've come a long way since Calamity James.

Jack Butland is very good, but Forster is a monster and should get the nod, in my opinion.

Joe Hart should be dropped for his Head and Shoulders ads alone.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Hart is deservedly undisputed number 1 at the moment. But those should rightly be our 3 goalkeepers.

There are positions we do seriously need to debate if we want to stand a chance of progressing through the Euros, but 'keeper isn't one of them.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Hart is deservedly undisputed number 1 at the moment. But those should rightly be our 3 goalkeepers.

There are positions we do seriously need to debate if we want to stand a chance of progressing through the Euros, but 'keeper isn't one of them.

OK, sorry

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
OK, sorry

I guess my point at this stage is, whilst Forster has done well on his return, he's in no way proven in that atmosphere or at that level. If you wanna change keeper, and I can't imagine Hodgson does, then you'd do it at the start of the World Cup qualifiers surely? Especially considering the importance of that position...

And actually, what's Hart done to deserve being dropped for England whilst playing for England?

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
I guess my point at this stage is, whilst Forster has done well on his return, he's in no way proven in that atmosphere or at that level. If you wanna change keeper, and I can't imagine Hodgson does, then you'd do it at the start of the World Cup qualifiers surely? Especially considering the importance of that position...

And actually, what's Hart done to deserve being dropped for England whilst playing for England?

If there is someone better, then he should be dropped.

I'm not saying Forster is Definately better, But with friendlies coming up, now is the time to test him at that level.

You never know he may well be the amazing or he may be cack, let's give him a go and see.

What happens if Joe Hart and Jack Butland pick up injuries before or during the finals? Best to find out now if Forater is as good as I believe he is.

Joe Hart is great, Jack Butland is great, but is Forster better? We won't know until he gets the chance to prove it.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Pretty sure Roy said last night something like, a year ago Jack wasn't playing and Frazer was injured, so I don't expect any change. Just enjoying that we have 3 excellent goalies that won't let us down whoever plays.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Definitely the top 3 English keepers by some way at the moment. Hart is still number 1 though. His big match experience edges him over the others and he hasn't had a bad season by any means, just that he is playing in a team with an unsettled defence which exposes the keeper more. He was excellent in City's win at Sunderland last week.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Hart is a quality keeper, he's never let England down and should definitely be our number 1 keeper in my opinion.

It would be incredibly risky to put the other 2 in goal for a tournament with hardly any experience. Remember Scott Carson and Ben Foster looked quality in the premier league.

Hart probably has a worse defence in front of him than the other two also, when Kompany is out anyway.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If there is someone better, then he should be dropped.

I'm not saying Forster is Definately better, But with friendlies coming up, now is the time to test him at that level.

You never know he may well be the amazing or he may be cack, let's give him a go and see.

What happens if Joe Hart and Jack Butland pick up injuries before or during the finals? Best to find out now if Forater is as good as I believe he is.

Joe Hart is great, Jack Butland is great, but is Forster better? We won't know until he gets the chance to prove it.

But what do friendlies actually prove?

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
But what do friendlies actually prove?

Away to Germany on 26th March will be a proper match, even though it's a friendly.

Whoever is in goal will be tested.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Away to Germany on 26th March will be a proper match, even though it's a friendly.

Whoever is in goal will be tested.

It's only a friendly. I don't think it will be a true test.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here