Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Hull

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This isn't usually my thing, but I wanted to put Warren's post match comments out there, and this usual thread covers all bases.

WA was adamant Hughton will play a 5 man midfield, on Tuesday.
Bringing Sidwell in for (I assume) Zamora.
I'm not convinced but then again I live my life by the mantra 'if it's not broke, don't fix it'...

...thoughts?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This isn't usually my thing, but I wanted to put Warren's post match comments out there, and this usual thread covers all bases.

WA was adamant Hughton will play a 5 man midfield, on Tuesday.
Bringing Sidwell in for (I assume) Zamora.
I'm not convinced but then again I live my life by the mantra 'if it's not broke, don't fix it'...

...thoughts?

I think he may well be right. I expect us to have low possession and defend in depth relying on our very quick wingers and the pace of Wilson/ Baldock on the counter attack.

I think we'll see a few changes and a change in tactics from the three home games.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Full back situation is dire at the moment with no recognised cover either side. Hope this doesn't cost us

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Set up to the opposition so that seems right. Unlikely Wilson will play with his groin injury. Probably Hemed lone striker. Bruno is a RB and Calde will be OK at LB

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Set up to the opposition so that seems right. Unlikely Wilson will play with his groin injury. Probably Hemed lone striker. Bruno is a RB and Calde will be OK at LB
Calderwood said yesterday Wilson was only out because of the upcoming games.
Saying they needed to manage the squad better than the last time there was a fixture pile up.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
5 across midfield would seem right. Murphy and Knocky on the wings. I would probably start Bobby as they will worry about him more than Hemed. KLL, Wilson and Skalac on the bench, all to be thrown on later if no injuries elsewhere.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
With no cover on the bench if either get injured or sent off. Maybe the German (if fit) crofts or goldson could go full back if we got desperate. Can't believe we let the chick go on loan.

Greer will be back so presumably Goldson goes to full back if one of them gets injured. Hopefully, Rosenior might be in the squad at some point over the next couple of games.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It would border on negligence if we didn't go to Hull with a 5 man midfield. If Wilson was fit, I'd start him and play Murphy and Knocky a little higher up so they're more of a counter attacking threat, but I suspect CH will go with a flat 5 in midfield and Hemed up front, with the aim of nicking a point,

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
5 across midfield would seem right. Murphy and Knocky on the wings. I would probably start Bobby as they will worry about him more than Hemed. KLL, Wilson and Skalac on the bench, all to be thrown on later if no injuries elsewhere.
I agree with your point about Bobby. We need to be sensible, but playing him will make Hull less likely to go all out attack from the start.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is a tough selection, but we do need Kayal-Stephens-Sidwell in the middle.

Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Calderon

Stephens
Sidwell
Kayal
Knockaert

Baldock

Hemed

Subs : Maenpaa/Ankers, Rosenior ? ( Greer ?, Rea ), Crofts, Lua Lua, Skalak, Wilson, Zamora

Murphy back in rotation for Cardiff.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Keep the team for the Hull match exactly the same, with the obvious exception of Ridgewell who has gone back to Portland.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is a tough selection, but we do need Kayal-Stephens-Sidwell in the middle.

Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Calderon

Stephens
Sidwell
Kayal
Knockaert

Baldock

Hemed

Subs : Maenpaa/Ankers, Rosenior ? ( Greer ?, Rea ), Crofts, Lua Lua, Skalak, Wilson, Zamora

Murphy back in rotation for Cardiff.

I would certainly choose Murphy over Lua Lua. Murphy has been one of our best players recently. Lua Lua did not look like a game changer yesterday and clearly needs to get back up to speed but not at the expense of an inform Murphy, IMO.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Can't remember the exact wording, but got the impression Wilson was nothing serious and he was bring held back for either Tuesday or next Saturday.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Stockdale

Dunk
Goldson

Murphy
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Lua Lua
Skalak

Wilson
Zamora

Go at them with pace.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Goldson

Murphy
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Lua Lua
Skalak

Wilson

Go at them with pace.

I think dropping Bruno and putting Zamora up there will help to hold the ball up for all those midfielders to get forward - give more balance :thumbsup:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Can't remember the exact wording, but got the impression Wilson was nothing serious and he was bring held back for either Tuesday or next Saturday.

He didn't train on Monday/Tuesday. Trained for the rest of the week, but felt something when they arrived at the ground and doctor/physio decided better not to risk him given that Baldock was on the bench and that we had Tues/Sat/Tues games coming up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here