Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Grandson

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Yesterday our seven year old grandson , Harry should have been in his seat in the ESU with his older brother Olly,,dad and grandad (me). However last Wednesday while playing footy at school he collapsed, having suffered a cardiac arrest. His life was saved by a member of the school staff giving CPR for 15 mins while awaiting paramedics his heart had stopped and he had stopped breathing.
On arrival at the Alex he had to be resuscitated again. He was stabilised and transferred to the Evelina children's ICU in London. His Mum and Dad have been with him since day one.
Thanks to the wonderful woman who saved his life, he is now sitting up with tubes etc removed and able to communicate normally. On Thursday he will have a mini defibrillator fitted under his skin which get things going again if such an event recurs. We are off to see our lovely boy today.
Thank you to the woman who saved his precious life , the brilliant paramedics, the doctors and nurses who work tirelessly for our brilliant NHS , all our family and friends who have given us support and prayers through these last few days.
And thanks to Beram Kayal for the get well video message to Harry!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Edit - I'll take that back.

Great news.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So pleased everything worked out in the end. Must of been terrifying for all concerned. Having a cardiac arrest at 7 is unbelievable. You must be so relieved.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Yesterday our seven year old grandson , Harry should have been in his seat in the ESU with his older brother Olly,,dad and grandad (me). However last Wednesday while playing footy at school he collapsed, having suffered a cardiac arrest. His life was saved by a member of the school staff giving CPR for 15 mins while awaiting paramedics his heart had stopped and he had stopped breathing.
On arrival at the Alex he had to be resuscitated again. He was stabilised and transferred to the Evelina children's ICU in London. His Mum and Dad have been with him since day one.
Thanks to the wonderful woman who saved his life, he is now sitting up with tubes etc removed and able to communicate normally. On Thursday he will have a mini defibrillator fitted under his skin which get things going again if such an event recurs. We are off to see our lovely boy today.
Thank you to the woman who saved his precious life , the brilliant paramedics, the doctors and nurses who work tirelessly for our brilliant NHS , all our family and friends who have given us support and prayers through these last few days.
And thanks to Beram Kayal for the get well video message to Harry!

Wow........that is some story to read first thing on a Sunday morning.I suspect you are all still in shock, so go easy.

Wish your grandson and ALL your family the very best after this terrifying experience.

Well done to the lady who was on hand.....his guardian angel.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Both a lovely and horrendous story that brought a tear to my eye.

Wishing Harry a speedy recovery:smile:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Best wishes to Harry and hope he is back in his ESU seat soon.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So glad young Harry is on the mend, I have a mini defribulator fitted in my chest, due to a genetic heart condition, so far mines has fired 42 times in 8 years, the most recent, last Friday night,(6 Feb).
It isn't a very pleasant experience when it shocks you, but it's far better than the alternative.
I agree with you about our marvellous NHS, I owe them my life.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
As a result my son and I are going to be fundraising and campaigning to ensure that every school has a defibrillator, and staff trained to use them - early days yet, so not sure how we will be going about it, but the NSC community will be among the first to know!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
So sorry to hear about your grandson that is dreadful at seven years old.
I used to work at the Alex in Children's A & E they are wonderful people there. So glad he is ok mate. Take care and I hope he has a full recovery.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
As a result my son and I are going to be fundraising and campaigning to ensure that every school has a defibrillator, and staff trained to use them - early days yet, so not sure how we will be going about it, but the NSC community will be among the first to know!

Great news to hear he is making steady progress, hope your grandson gets well soon. Do you have a fundraising page up and running?

The key is encouraging more people to learn the basics of first aid. No one knows when those skills might be needed. It happened when Fabrice Muamba collapsed on the pitch, it happened on Friday when immediate first aid saved the lives of schoolkids who had been hit by a car in Liverpool, and these skills will be needed again in future. It's a very worthy cause.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As an aside, first aid should be taught and refreshed to all school children and should be encouraged for all adults. a 2 day course can literally save lives.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Best wishes to Harry, I hope he has a speedy recovery.
I hope you are all back watching the Albion together very soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here