Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Tonight

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just wanted to be the first to say what piss poor coverage of our match today. Didn't even mention us in the build up and then showed the very briefest of highlights - missing the start of both Murphy and Knockhert's runs and no comment on the sublime quality of our goals. You'd have thought a team 4th in the table playing in front of 26,000 would have warranted a bit more coverage. Bolton's second equalisier apparently came after they had been "knocking at the door" before "eventually" scoring (really? It was pretty much completely out of the blue) - and the end result was "harsh on the visitors". Seriously, who writes this nonsense? Obviously no-one who was actually at the game.

Absolutely no analysis of our goals or discussion about us after the game either. Every other team, yes. But not us. What a load of ****

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bolton's second equalisier apparently came after they had been "knocking at the door" before "eventually" scoring (really? It was pretty much completely out of the blue) - and the end result was "harsh on the visitors"
I haven't seen it, surely you're making this shit up?

Shots 15 vs 8
on target 7 vs 3

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I haven't seen it, surely you're making this shit up?

Nope - although to be fair I think they said a "little" harsh. Still effing nonsense though. They were lucky they didn't get stuffed.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The game wasn't even discussed from what I remember.

Plenty on Fulham and QPR though.

Did they actually mention us? Like, AT ALL?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
they don't want their northern love in disrupted by a load of mockneys.......dyche and bruce must be returned to the promised land and boro...!? well boro must , after spending millions get a gig back in the prem......and with weds now stringing a few wins together i'm sure the footy show team are thoroughly confussed , effing northern twatts......another reason i hope we get a top 2 spot.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What I really don't get is that they now have a whole HOUR dedicated to the Championship. Yet our game, in front of the second biggest crowd of the day, featuring a team on a good run who are 4th in the table in a "five-goal thriller" which included three superb goals, gets, what, a MINUTE of coverage...?!

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
McCarthy was complaining about how Ipswich and their season have been ignored by the media a week or two back - be careful what you wish for...

Feb 14, 2010
What I really don't get is that they now have a whole HOUR dedicated to the Championship. Yet our game, in front of the second biggest crowd of the day, featuring a team on a good run who are 4th in the table in a "five-goal thriller" which included three superb goals, gets, what, a MINUTE of coverage...?!

Exactly. Biggest crowd outside the Premier League (and bigger than some premier league despite being a division below) and the press, as usual lacking respect. To boot a 3-2 thriller with a great bit of skill from Zamora. We are Brighton and Hove Albion so as usual we are used to it. The press are like palace, made up of a bunch of kids and as Mullery rightly said, not worth a Fiver. What the press want is kids banging drums and a support who fails to turn up unless they are in the so called "premier league". The press and palace are happy bedfellows, all fur coat, no knickers and disappear very quickly when not in the top flight. 26600 and 3-2, and not worth a mention. The tools.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Exactly. Biggest crowd outside the Premier League (and bigger than some premier league despite being a division below) and the press, as usual lacking respect. To boot a 3-2 thriller with a great bit of skill from Zamora. We are Brighton and Hove Albion so as usual we are used to it. The press are like palace, made up of a bunch of kids and as Mullery rightly said, not worth a Fiver. What the press want is kids banging drums and a support who fails to turn up unless they are in the so called "premier league". The press and palace are happy bedfellows, all fur coat, no knickers and disappear very quickly when not in the top flight. 26600 and 3-2, and not worth a mention. The tools.

compounded by the fact that Bolton were having a bit of a revival , battling probable relegation and we were on a decent run of results makes you wonder who pulls the strings on this program..........no doubt made room for a 5 minute interview with some northern monkey manager......cants...!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I thought we got better coverage when it was the football league show on the Beeb and we had a certain Albion STH doing the commentary and ensuring the summary was accurate :whistle:

Feb 14, 2010
compounded by the fact that Bolton were having a bit of a revival , battling probable relegation and we were on a decent run of results makes you wonder who pulls the strings on this program..........no doubt made room for a 5 minute interview with some northern monkey manager......cants...!!

I wonder what excuse the show would come up with this time. I always like it when they say the big club Leeds or Shef Weds.. would love someone to go on the show and say , yeah those massive clubs who just get smaller crowds than Brighton. Hardly mentioning the Albion, the club in joint 3rd, with 26000 odd watching them and with 5 goals is not shocking because its how it always has been with Brighton but blimey, the press are bad at their job.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Understand the comments. - even more odd because the programme relies so heavily on "ex-Albion" pundits who then never speak about us :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Understand the comments. - even more odd because the programme relies so heavily on "ex-Albion" pundits who then never speak about us :shrug:
Strange that they had set themselves up with Curbishley and Iwelumo, and then virtually ignored us.

Perhaps someone had lost most of match footage ? :jester:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I don't get people moaning about this show. Who really cares?! Highlights are on seagulls player every week.

Yea, i dont really get why people moan about the show. I'm happy just to see the goals and then watch the full 90 mins on Seagulls player. I understand not every one has Seagulls player and rely on the show but you can easily go to SkySports website and see the goals. Anyway, means we are under the radar :wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here