Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northampton Town FC.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Brighton and Hove city council should be pleased what TB has built and should back the clubs plans for a hotel we don't wont to piss TB off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wow, tory councul grants football club ten million. None of the money is spent on the club. Chairman spends some of the money rebuilfing his house. Club then gifts tens of thousands to tory council leader, who then gets elected as MP.

I haven't read this yet as I thought I'd have a rant, first:

http://ntfctrust.co.uk/ntfc-support...larke-speaks-about-the-10million-loan-to-ntfc

I live half my lif in Northampton. Most of it is a hideous dump, with potholes in the roads, no cycle lanes, and large numbers of east Europeans drinking strong lager in the kids playground in the local park during the day. But Western Northampton has some fairly reasonable new builds (albeit in the flood plane, so catastrophe becons). This is where Sixfields is located. Very near the M1, if Northampton is to redevelop, having a swish footy stadium with adjacent conference facilities/hotel would be attractive.

However it seems that corrupt local policicians and dodgy football club owners have different ideas, and much lower aims. Both the club and the council need to find a way to get their money back, but of course this won't happen. The new chairman will have to work very hard to change the current perception of the club as a toxic investment.

Is it too early to put on a massive bet that the Cobblers will be relegated back to div 2 next year?

One big difference compare with our Archer plight is that the local supporters don't seem to be up in arms and on the streets like we were (that's a Royal we, btw). The only relevant motions I could find are in the link above.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
whenever I think of Northampton these things spring to mind

Cricket
Malcolm Poskett header
Silverstone
losing 0-8 to the mancs,George Best & co
bumping into a mob of them when I was coming out the South Stand one night at the Goldstone

I wish the Cobblers well

Jul 7, 2003

Cricket
Malcolm Poskett header
Silverstone
bumping into a mob of them when I was coming out the South Stand one night at the Goldstone

I wish the Cobblers well

1997 - I was working in Northampton and booked into the Travelodge at Sixfields. Then the Cobblers were drawn against Cardiff in the play-offs and we found ourselves there on the match night. Went to eat at the pub/diner that was on site then but struggled to get in as we were not home fans. Eventually got through to the doorman that I was Brighton, my colleague was a Baggie and we were staying on site and had no interest in the match. Unfortunately, after the match the Cardiff fans didn't take defeat well and we were locked in the pub for over an hour while the police tried to restore order (such a hardship!).

As for the OP story, this has been covered by the BBC and also locally as the Buckingham Group are one of the main creditors. They were trying to reach agreement but not sure how well that is going.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Cricket
Malcolm Poskett header
Silverstone

I wish the Cobblers well

Don't forget Mick McManus!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here