Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Doing business with Italians is never easy, but Leeds? :lol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
On two counts I don't blame him, and I'm really not an avid fan of the demented Leeds owner.

1. Every time they switch a Brighton game from Saturday I can't go, therefore the price of my season ticket match is going up.
2. There is such an outrageous difference between Prem and Championship money from Sky it is quite grotesque.

So for those two reasons I give the Italian nutter thumbs up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
On two counts I don't blame him, and I'm really not an avid fan of the demented Leeds owner.

1. Every time they switch a Brighton game from Saturday I can't go, therefore the price of my season ticket match is going up.
2. There is such an outrageous difference between Prem and Championship money from Sky it is quite grotesque.

So for those two reasons I give the Italian nutter thumbs up.

But if he wins, clubs will negotiate their own TV deals. If the club lose that revenue and only see a much smaller amount, what do you think happens to your season ticket price? Like it or not we get nearly £1.5m (i think) a season from Sky. How would you fill that gap on top of the £10m loses

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I would hope the Football League have being part of the TV deal as a condition of being in the league. Also, presumably the away team would want to be paid to appear as part of someone else's TV deal?

Would be a nightmare if there were (for example) 24 different TV deals in the Championship. Fans would have to get access to several channels to watch any away matches.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

there's also a similarly vast gap in viewing figures for Championship vs Premier League.

now on the matter of moving games, i do think the League should ask for some limit on the number of games any club is shown. this also spreads the love/exposure more.

as for Massimo, i dont know why he's wasting the money on lawyers. the other clubs will stay with a collective arrangment, if the Premiership recognise they need the smaller clubs to maintain an interesting and therefore marketable TV product, then vast majotiry of the 71 owners of League clubs will insist on sticking together.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But if he wins, clubs will negotiate their own TV deals. If the club lose that revenue and only see a much smaller amount, what do you think happens to your season ticket price? Like it or not we get nearly £1.5m (i think) a season from Sky. How would you fill that gap on top of the £10m loses

Perhaps the Football League should have bigger balls and negotiate a bigger contract?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A bigger contract for what ?

Sorry, by bigger contract I meant a bigger deal. The Prem (18 clubs) gets what? Some 3 billion or more? I don't know the intricates. The FL (72 clubs) gets 100 mill? That is a huge, huge difference.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sorry, by bigger contract I meant a bigger deal. The Prem (18 clubs) gets what? Some 3 billion or more? I don't know the intricates. The FL (72 clubs) gets 100 mill? That is a huge, huge difference.

Supply and demand isn't it ? Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea is a bigger draw than Brighton, Derby, Burton, Fleetwood

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Supply and demand isn't it ? Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea is a bigger draw than Brighton, Derby, Burton, Fleetwood

I don't, and have not, disagreed with that whatsoever. I am just wondering if the FL can't get a better deal?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't, and have not, disagreed with that whatsoever. I am just wondering if the FL can't get a better deal?

If they did would you be happier with games being moved from Saturday 3pm ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If they did would you be happier with games being moved from Saturday 3pm ?

No, but I would be happier that parachute payments were less intrusive on the clubs that haven't reached the promised land. A fairer league that doesn't see our pot of 10 mill against 100 mill of relegated sides for signings basically prices us out of the market. But no it wouldn't make my experience any better and I note that will be the same if we go up. Football has become so complicated.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Again all about money and nothing about football.

it's all about the money mate......just look at the cash figure on the pitch for teams such as utd , citeh , chelsea.......frankly the money these knobs are being paid is obscene particularly when you take into account that they will be willingly subbed off if they break a nail or get their hair messed up....!!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The Football League have already negotiated a bigger contract as part of the changes to FFP. Whereas before it was an arbitrary figure, it is now a fixed percentage of the PL TV deal, which in light of the new PL deal is obviously a good thing. Yes, this means that the gap between the 2 leagues will get even wider, but it is better than just holding out a begging bowl to the PL.

Cellino should concentrate on using what resources he has to get the "Mighty Leeds" back to their rightful place as Champions of the Universe, instead of being a grade A tit. Are the viewing figures for Leeds on Sky that much higher than everyone else? I doubt it.

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
The Football League have already negotiated a bigger contract as part of the changes to FFP. Whereas before it was an arbitrary figure, it is now a fixed percentage of the PL TV deal, which in light of the new PL deal is obviously a good thing. Yes, this means that the gap between the 2 leagues will get even wider, but it is better than just holding out a begging bowl to the PL.

Cellino should concentrate on using what resources he has to get the "Mighty Leeds" back to their rightful place as Champions of the Universe, instead of being a grade A tit. Are the viewing figures for Leeds on Sky that much higher than everyone else? I doubt it.

Viewing figures for Leeds are higher, but that is because they are by far the biggest city with only one team to support. In terms of attendance they are woefully lacking as Brighton, Boro and Derby can rival a lot of their attendances. Derby get the biggest average home gate in the league last time I checked, though their population is half of Leeds at best. Brighton's has been consistently good despite Brighton being less than half as populated as Leeds. Boro's population is around a quarter of Leeds and their attendances rival the Masters of the Universe. They also have the biggest away attendances by far, which isn't bad when you consider how far they have to travel, like Brighton.

So in summary Leeds supporters are far less likely on average to be down at Elland road or travelling to cheer on their team on matchdays. So where do you think this most of a million watch their team? From their armchairs.... Hence why they're on the box so much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here