Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seeing Heskey score at the AMEX!!!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Liverpool legend! Of course, I would not be posting this if we'd lost. But, we didn't, and what could be better than three points and seeing the Hesk score, tidy.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What a very strange post. And in any case, I'd expect a Liverpool legend to be a St John, Hansen, Souness, Keegan or Rush. Heskey? Are you taking the p*ss?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Lets be fair, Emile was never really that gifted in the scoring department. He obviously had something about him to make it to the top level and consistently play for those teams. He looked like a beast today, very scary. But Dunky had him in his pocket for most of the game. But I will always love him for Germany 1 - 5 England and his scoring contribution. Good man Emile, good man.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Lets be fair, Emile was never really that gifted in the scoring department. He obviously had something about him to make it to the top level and consistently play for those teams. He looked like a beast today, very scary. But Dunky had him in his pocket for most of the game. But I will always love him for Germany 1 - 5 England and his scoring contribution. Good man Emile, good man.

Thank you.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps I'm not quite so mean spirited as some on here. I'm not inhibited by having a blinkered, monocular view of the game and the players and I've always liked Heskey.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Perhaps I'm not quite so mean spirited as some on here. I'm not inhibited by having a blinkered, monocular view of the game and the players and I've always liked Heskey.
I think the words 'Liverpool legend' and 'the Hesk' are a little over the top as he isn't ours. And in answer to your question, what could have been better? It would have been even better had Heskey not scored. There.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought my chance to see Emile Heskey live was over, but happily I was wrong and today we got to see him score which is very special. He is a legend for people of my age, whether that's because he's any good or because he's terrible but relatable, I don't know. But I enjoyed watching him today and enjoyed seeing him score. That we won the game with our team of footballers all over the pitch, and no Heskey's to be seen, is even better.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

Lost me £100 on that game! Had us at 100/1 to win 4-1 (mental bet!). So we're 4-1 up and Heskey goes through 1 on 1 with the keeper. Bet's safe cos he'll put it in Row Z as usual. But, oh no, he flukes it past Kahn (?). Have hated him ever since!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I thought my chance to see Emile Heskey live was over, ...

Ditto. Been to a fair few England games over the years but never saw this beast. Much derided, but he has learnt to play at a top level for nearly 20 years. I'm sure he couldn't care less what we think.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ditto. Been to a fair few England games over the years but never saw this beast. Much derided, but he has learnt to play at a top level for nearly 20 years. I'm sure he couldn't care less what we think.

He used to be a joke, but I don't think he is that any more. Maybe now he's past it, but it was great to see a man who has been a significant player over the last 15 years. As someone who came up watching Match of the Day every week and whatever live football was on the TV, I've grown up watching him and it was nice to see him today. Playing for someone else! But nice all the same, and to see him score was so rare it can be classified an experience alone.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
He used to be a joke, but I don't think he is that any more. Maybe now he's past it, but it was great to see a man who has been a significant player over the last 15 years. As someone who came up watching Match of the Day every week and whatever live football was on the TV, I've grown up watching him and it was nice to see him today. Playing for someone else! But nice all the same, and to see him score was so rare it can be classified an experience alone.

You said it better than I did.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
When he joined Liverpool he scored for fun. In his first full season he scored 22 goals in 56 matches! Much like Zamora he was much more of a supplier than the scorer for the rest of his career, but never anything other than a premier league quality target man.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When he joined Liverpool he scored for fun. In his first full season he scored 22 goals in 56 matches! Much like Zamora he was much more of a supplier than the scorer for the rest of his career, but never anything other than a premier league quality target man.

I'd have taken that and less, as plaudits, to earn what he has over the past two decades.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here