Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shame the ref got injured

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
At one point he showed he had a lot to give with that trap and turn.

I was hoping to see more of that. 😀

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We've been fortunate recently with half decent refs (but I could be wrong, forgetfulness does kick in)... but that idiot today, good grief, what a shocker.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Everything got so much better when he genuinely stopped being fit to referee in every sense

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
As well as being unfit (to referee) he was also blind (linesman's flag before Bolton second goal).
Unfit to referee ever again. What an idiot. Ban him for life please referees association ok.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As well as being unfit (to referee) he was also blind (linesman's flag before Bolton second goal).
Unfit to referee ever again. What an idiot. Ban him for life please referees association ok.

He appeared to notice the flag but signalled that he was ignoring it. Completely lost any semblance of control over the game.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
He appeared to notice the flag but signalled that he was ignoring it. Completely lost any semblance of control over the game.

Was a bit like when he gave a foul against Zamora who then reprimanded him, kept on berating him -I was expecting a card - and then when the card didn't materialise he just slowly sauntered off having probably realised his initial decision was wrong.

Lost the game from then on and couldn't make seemingly rationale decisions as a result.

The new ref was much more emphatic and generally spot on.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I appear to be the only one who didn't mind him trying to play on and ignore the flag and it probably went a little bit too long to pull it back. But other than that, my concerns pre match about a ref that hadn't done that many Championship games appear justified.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Watch out! You never know when these referees have a gun. And this wasn't even in the states.

2CE5B87700000578-3253194-image-m-4_1443527598961.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here