Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team spirit

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's immense isn't it?

I love Stockdale's pre-match routine of going round the whole team and sharing a hug with each and every one of them. It's a particularly special moment when it's Bobby's turn.

The new recruits are already a big part of it. Knockaert and Bruno have a thing going on and Skalak was warmly welcomed into the fray.

Love it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455393294.396483.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's immense isn't it?

I love the Stockdale's pre-match routine of going round the whole team and sharing a hug with each and every one of them. It's a particularly special moment when it's Bobby's turn.

The new recruits are already a big part of it. Knockaert and Bruno have a thing going on and Skalak was warmly welcomed into the fray.

Love it.

View attachment 72333

Bobby wasn't looking and had to be given a nudge by DS ...they then shared a special hug

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Totally agree. Even in the injury induced losing run the likes of Stockdale were reminding people we're in it together & will turn it around. If only some fans had that attitude a bit more - too many groans in WSU today - we're not gonna be outstanding every minute of every game ffs!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think this is a club thing, I have never felt so much love for the club as I have this season, from the debacle of last season, to our present position, our manager who is not only first class at his job, but a thoroughly decent man who never slags the opposition, unlike some.
The clubs response to the Shoreham air crash, still was a high point of over forty five years support, for me, and the ongoing support to the community, as in the gent with terminal cancer this week on the training ground tour etc, it is just a fantastic football club at the moment.

Well done to everyone from the Chairman down.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think this is a club thing, I have never felt so much love for the club as I have this season, from the debacle of last season, to our present position, our manager who is not only first class at his job, but a thoroughly decent man who never slags the opposition, unlike some.
The clubs response to the Shoreham air crash, still was a high point of over forty five years support, for me, and the ongoing support to the community, as in the gent with terminal cancer this week on the training ground tour etc, it is just a fantastic football club at the moment.

Well done to everyone from the Chairman down.

This. Nothing more to add.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I think this is largely the cause for our success.

Ignoring our signings in January, the spirit was there from the start. On paper at the start of the season, I thought "mid table", given our last season, that was fine for me. However, the comradeship they show is intense and a huge contrast to last season which was a bunch of individuals clumped together. This season, it's a team and every one is playing for each other. Coupled with our management and coaching team, we've got something special.

I still don't think we have the best team in the league, that's purely because we haven't gone out and spunked every bit of our budget. It has been intelligently spent, Manu still could come good yet, we don't know the outcome just yet. But you don't get them all right, look at Di Maria at United last season.

If we don't make it up this season, I can see us doing a Leicester and smashing it next season.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think this is largely the cause for our success.

Ignoring our signings in January, the spirit was there from the start. On paper at the start of the season, I thought "mid table", given our last season, that was fine for me. However, the comradeship they show is intense and a huge contrast to last season which was a bunch of individuals clumped together. This season, it's a team and every one is playing for each other. Coupled with our management and coaching team, we've got something special.

I still don't think we have the best team in the league, that's purely because we haven't gone out and spunked every bit of our budget. It has been intelligently spent, Manu still could come good yet, we don't know the outcome just yet. But you don't get them all right, look at Di Maria at United last season.

If we don't make it up this season, I can see us doing a Leicester and smashing it next season.

Agree with you. If we happen to miss out on promotion next time with the help of another transfer window for Houghton we will be unstoppable I feel

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's a great point. can't remember it being this good for some time.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
Yep the recruitment team appear to get the right type characters ,real team players as well as being technically gifted

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's immense isn't it?

I love Stockdale's pre-match routine of going round the whole team and sharing a hug with each and every one of them. It's a particularly special moment when it's Bobby's turn.

Love it.

View attachment 72333
Great to see, and one of the reasons I'm such a fan of Stockdale. He gave an added pep talk to Dunk and Goldson today, after their hugs, of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here