Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Why was he not in the squad today. I assume it was some kind of injury/illness?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Groin niggle. Missed him today - Hemed & Bobby up tops doesn't work - too slow. Hughtons subs were great again today though..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why was he not in the squad today. I assume it was some kind of injury/illness?

Saw him in town earlier, he was looking rougher than ever

spex-mark-e-smith-001.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Groin niggle. Missed him today - Hemed & Bobby up tops doesn't work - too slow. Hughtons subs were great again today though..

Do we miss him? Since his infamous chuck up on the tellybox I just haven't seen anything from him that we haven't already got. Hemed and Bobby Z work fine up front don't they? I guess it depends on how you look at a game. I believe Tomer is a confidence player, but he chips in on goals, he's done his drought, but more importantly he is a total grafter and I should imagine defenders absolutely hate him. We also have the untried Skalak and Murphy that can operate centrally, not to forget Baldrick. We've scored 6 in two games, not a bad return, and I think our problem was wide players, not centre forwards. Murphy has now upped his game to heights he probably didn't realise he had thanks to Knocky. All is well, we are ticking, Hemed is a beautiful fit, he is gelling with our legend. I'm happy, Guinness is flowing. Ching ching.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
As I said in earlier Bolton thread. How late was his injury ? His kit was laid out in the dressing room this morning along with the rest of the team for today .. I didn't see Jiri,s laid out ..

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He will be very very handy away from home when we will be largely playing on the break and with a bit more space to run into :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hemed and Bobby together doesn't really work....need one of them, and a runner to work off whichever one of them is playing. If Wilson isn't fit would be happy to see Balders back in that position.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do we miss him? Since his infamous chuck up on the tellybox I just haven't seen anything from him that we haven't already got. Hemed and Bobby Z work fine up front don't they? I guess it depends on how you look at a game. I believe Tomer is a confidence player, but he chips in on goals, he's done his drought, but more importantly he is a total grafter and I should imagine defenders absolutely hate him. We also have the untried Skalak and Murphy that can operate centrally, not to forget Baldrick. We've scored 6 in two games, not a bad return, and I think our problem was wide players, not centre forwards. Murphy has now upped his game to heights he probably didn't realise he had thanks to Knocky. All is well, we are ticking, Hemed is a beautiful fit, he is gelling with our legend. I'm happy, Guinness is flowing. Ching ching.

Completely disagree I'm afraid. His pace against Brentford was terrific & he showed what he's about with a poach v Hudds. Bobby & Hemed is the most static forward line ever - nowhere near enough pace. We get away with it as have Knockaert & Murphy injecting the pace but Wilson is a key part of the squad/team.

Im not knocking Hemed or Zamora btw - both have done well recently & Hemed was classy today. I just think they're too similar to play together...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Completely disagree I'm afraid. His pace against Brentford was terrific & he showed what he's about with a poach v Hudds. Bobby & Hemed is the most static forward line ever - nowhere near enough pace. We get away with it as have Knockaert & Murphy injecting the pace but Wilson is a key part of the squad/team.

Im not knocking Hemed or Zamora btw - both have done well recently & Hemed was classy today. I just think they're too similar to play together...

Hmmm could have sworn I said "and I think our problem was wide players, not centre forwards." which you have alluded to but also disagreed with.

Confused of Crawley.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Especially away from home, his pace on the break could be crucial when 100% fit.

He does not get playing time at Man Utd unless he has got a big future ahead of him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hmmm could have sworn I said "and I think our problem was wide players, not centre forwards." which you have alluded to but also disagreed with.

Confused of Crawley.

Yes but your main point was we didn't miss Wilson today but I think we did. Bobby can't start every game anyway as we all know so it begs the question: will we go for another striker in the loan window? I'd rather we did even if it meant we had to rotate more - well worth the gamble. If Murray was available we'd surely go for him - even in silly wages for 3 months it would be worth the gamble...

We were desperately unlucky with Kaz injury & then March just when he was hitting form. Throw into that a right back playing left back (which undoubted affected Murphy's performances) so I do agree that the wingers thing was an issue & we seemed to have sorted that.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes but your main point was we didn't miss Wilson today but I think we did. Bobby can't start every game anyway as we all know so it begs the question: will we go for another striker in the loan window? I'd rather we did even if it meant we had to rotate more - well worth the gamble. If Murray was available we'd surely go for him - even in silly wages for 3 months it would be worth the gamble...

We were desperately unlucky with Kaz injury & then March just when he was hitting form. Throw into that a right back playing left back (which undoubted affected Murphy's performances) so I do agree that the wingers thing was an issue & we seemed to have sorted that.

Now we nearly sing off the same hymn sheet. But in my very humble opinion I don't feel the need to add to the squad. I think we have a total balance in all departments with the sick notes coming back. I'd be happy to go with the ride of the present squad until the end of the season. As I said, we have scored 6 in two, we aren't missing the odd goal or two, and Knocky has been involved in most (sweeping statement, no stats).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here