Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Penalties

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why have we only had two (I think)penalties this season, and not one ar home?
Tomer had a nailed on one denied today, and with our pacy wingers shorley we should get as many as Palace did in the season we'd all rather forget.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Why have we only had two (I think)penalties this season, and not one ar home?
Tomer had a nailed on one denied today, and with our pacy wingers shorley we should get as many as Palace did in the season we'd all rather forget.

I think the nailed on penalty, as you saw it, was not so clear cut, but in general, our players don't fall over in the box half as much as Murray or Zaha.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think the nailed on penalty, as you saw it, was not so clear cut, but in general, our players don't fall over in the box half as much as Murray or Zaha.[/

Hemed was pulled back in the box and denied a goal scoring chance, ergo, a penalty

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I think the nailed on penalty, as you saw it, was not so clear cut, but in general, our players don't fall over in the box half as much as Murray or Zaha.[/

Hemed was pulled back in the box and denied a goal scoring chance, ergo, a penalty

No , it doesn't matter if it was a goal scoring opportunity or not, a foul in the penalty area if warrants a direct free kick is a penalty

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

In the referees opinion not a penalty, ergo, not a penalty.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was the possible penalty where the lino waved like mad but the ref ignored him and he stopped waving after which they went on to score.

Was up the wrong end for me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was the possible penalty where the lino waved like mad but the ref ignored him and he stopped waving after which they went on to score.

Think that was outside the box ? Point is fair though, lino was flagging like a looney, ref played advantage, we lost the ball almost immediatley.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

No, that was in the second half.

The Hemed penalty shout was in the first half. I think the ref took the view Tomer wouldn't have made the ball because the pull back was quite blatant.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke

The Hemed penalty shout was in the first half. I think the ref took the view Tomer wouldn't have made the ball because the pull back was quite blatant.

Would of been very soft. Homed went down far too easily. Not enough contact for me to warrant a pen.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

The ref took the view that he wouldn't get the ball.... Therefore it's not a pen?! Since when does that ever become a consideration? A foul is a foul irrespective of whether the offensive player will get to the ball.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That was not a penalty, not even close.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

The thread is specifically about why we have not been given any penalties at home this season. (Read the original post.)

You'd expect that over the course of the season some of these 'softer' penalties shouts would go our way as indeed they have for our opposition.

I wouldn't regard the Hemed shout as 'soft' anyway. The defender clearly makes contact with Tomer and no contact with the ball. Foul.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The ref took the view that he wouldn't get the ball.... Therefore it's not a pen?! Since when does that ever become a consideration? A foul is a foul irrespective of whether the offensive player will get to the ball.

According to the laws of the game, yes.

Do referees follow them exactly or use their own interpretation?

Fact: Holding pulls Hemed's arm from behind in the penalty area as he runs past him.

If the referee saw this then his view must have been that Hemed was not unfairly prevented from gaining possession of the ball by being held. (This is mentioned in the laws of the game under cautionable offences.)

If the referee did not see the pull then Hemed should be booked for simulation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here