Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Just said the same on the other thread, as good as a goal and saved Brunos backside. Essentially a match winning save as you say.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
There have been a lot of exceptional performances this season.

However DS is a shoo in for POS, surely? He has been absolutely immense all season. A string of superb saves, incredible distribution, passion and leadership.

The save today, was a game changer, but that sort of contribution has become the norm from him this season.

We are lucky to have him

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I genuinely was not too concerned when their player broke through for a one on one with Stockdale, because it was Stockdale.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There have been a lot of exceptional performances this season.

However DS is a shoo in for POS, surely? He has been absolutely immense all season. A string of superb saves, incredible distribution, passion and leadership.

The save today, was a game changer, but that sort of contribution has become the norm from him this season.

We are lucky to have him

He's an ex and possibly future England keeper. We have safe hands.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Should have come for the ball before their 2nd goal,it was his allday

That went through 5, yes FIVE Brighton players in the box before it met Stockdale's eyes. I think you could ask why one of those five did not block it before it reached the keeper. Ridiculous comment.

Bearing in mind I've only see four live games this season plus a few on slightly iffy streams, it seems a bit incongruous to me that if we are really going for promotion this season - which I think we are - our goalkeeper is a serious contender fro player of the season?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That went through 5, yes FIVE Brighton players in the box before it met Stockdale's eyes. I think you could ask why one of those five did not block it before it reached the keeper. Ridiculous comment.

The cross into the box that led to the goal,should have called for it

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The cross into the box that led to the goal,should have called for it

Ok I realised after I commented back that it was the 'before', my bad. I don't actually remember the bit you speak of, I was probably holding my bladder in and making it my most important moment at the time. But to pick on maybe one situation is still a tad harsh considering how immense he is for us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just before that save I was saying that we had conceded two and he hadn't made a save, then he pulled that one out. Immense and possibly match defining save.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Ok I realised after I commented back that it was the 'before', my bad. I don't actually remember the bit you speak of, I was probably holding my bladder in and making it my most important moment at the time. But to pick on maybe one situation is still a tad harsh considering how immense he is for us.

Yeah not marking him down just felt with no pressure on the ball it was his to gather. he redeemed himself with that great save. Compared to last season this is a different Stockdale and long may it continue

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Love Stokie to death......but wish he would command his area more.
I agree with the earlier poster, Stockie should of came for the free kick instead of staying on his line, Goldson headed it away and it went straight to Spearing who tucked it away.
In the first half, Bolton put in a floaty free kick which hung in the air, Stockie IMHO should of came for it, instead Heskey had a free header but he put it wide.
Superb keeper and shot blocker, as he showed today.... I just wish he'd command his box more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here