Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ridgewell-l229-2953378_478x359.jpg

Liam Ridgewell
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
18:13 13th February 2016
by Paul Camillin
Liam Ridgewell signed off a fantastic loan spell.
It will be a shame to leave but it's time to go back and play for Portland Timbers in the MLS. "
Liam Ridgewell
Liam Ridgewell signed off a "fantastic" loan spell with a fourth straight win this afternoon, as he helped Brighton & Hove Albion to a 3-2 win over Bolton Wanderers at the Amex.

The Portland Timbers skipper, who heads back to the US with four wins from five Championship matches, says he is sorry to leave Albion, but wants to see them push for one of the top two places.He said, "It will be a shame to leave but it's time to go back and play for Portland Timbers in the MLS.
"My time here has been fantastic. A big thanks to all those at the club who have looked after me and made me welcome.
"Brighton are a fantastic team with some fantastic players and hopefully I've helped them to push on and secure that automatic spot.

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

"The fans have been fantastic, they have welcomed me with open arms and I really appreciate that and I wish them all the best.""It was a bit of a difficult game. They sat back and gave us a lot of the ball but we scored the goals that we needed in the end.
"They were sloppy goals that we conceded and obviously the lads will want to cut that out. It was good to get the win but the goals against have given us something to think about.
"It shows the league how good we are though, to come back from those goals and kicking on. We have a lot of goals in the team."
One bonus for Ridgewell, on a bitterly cold day at the Amex, is he returns to slightly warmer climes in Portland, he added, "Today was a little bit colder so hopefully it will be a little bit warmer for me back in Portland!"
[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY **
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]FRIDAY 11TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here