Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ref and colours today

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Was the referee getting mixed up in the play today an accident waiting to happen? He had on a green shirt and so did Stockdale, albeit a different shade. He also had on black shorts and socks as did the Bolton players. Do colour clashes not matter anymore. It certainly does not seem to with keepers.
Also when I was young a keeper was not allowed to wear yellow unless it was in an international. Does that apply anymore as the Bolton keeper had yellow on?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Fail to see what advantage we got when AK got pulled back prior to them scoring. Lino was flagging frantically. Red should have pulled play back as soon as the cross was blocked. Defender was only 3 yards away when he crossed it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fail to see what advantage we got when AK got pulled back prior to them scoring. Lino was flagging frantically. Red should have pulled play back as soon as the cross was blocked. Defender was only 3 yards away when he crossed it.

Agreed, he let play go on a second too long and nothing came of it. Maybe he expected Knockaert to beat another 2 players.

Very poor ref, his colleague was better.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Ref looked like he had just walked off of a parks match, looked fat, couldn't keep up with play and when he did he just got in the way and was the linesman who missed the Spurs goal at Man U a few years back so not surprising

Did you do your NAKED protest? If so WILL it end up on a PAWN sight like THE naked BYKE ride?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
There were some shocking decisions today, my favourite was dunk hitting it hard and not too accurately to stockdale in the first half, ball clearly crossed the line and the lino pointed his flag at the corner then signalled for a throw in

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ref looked like he had just walked off of a parks match, looked fat, couldn't keep up with play and when he did he just got in the way and was the linesman who missed the Spurs goal at Man U a few years back so not surprising

First time I've seen a Lino wear gloves...or maybe I've just not noticed

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Back on thread, watching the highlights Derby v MK Dons and the Dons keeper's kit it hardly distinctive from their outfield players.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
All those replies and only one mentioned about colours as I asked.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Agreed, he let play go on a second too long and nothing came of it. Maybe he expected Knockaert to beat another 2 players.

Very poor ref, his colleague was better.

Completely agree but I also have a question as to how people saw this. When AK lost the ball & they broke (to eventually score) the ref clearly waved 'play on' to Bolton (advantage) - it was a few seconds after the Lino had frantically flagged & it didn't seem like there was a foul back from one of our players as Bolton were breaking. My initial thought was that the ref possibly thought the Lino was flagging for a Bolton free kick?! And so played 'advantage'. I'm not 100% on this but if it was the case he really wasn't aware of anything that was going on...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh and one more thing, Stephens free kick in first half - there is no way that wall was 10 yards back - probably 7 or 8 at most - he needs to allow for his dumpy little legs when pacing out yards :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here