Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left back

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
To be fair I think Calde can do the job there until Rosenior or Bong back. I don't think that Ridgewell was that commanding in any of his games, just did what he had to do, but got skinned easily at times, seemed very slow. Calde has definitely got more pace than Ridgewell.

Dec 29, 2011
To be fair I think Calde can do the job there until Rosenior or Bong back. I don't think that Ridgewell was that commanding in any of his games, just did what he had to do, but got skinned easily at times, seemed very slow. Calde has definitely got more pace than Ridgewell.

You may not rate him but didn't we get 3 CSs and 4 wins while he was in the team?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Looked quite sharp today I thought, plus he appeared to have a modicum of freedom to advance unlike his previous run in the team where it was clear that his remit was to stray no further than the halfway line, check back and play a safe ball. Good stuff all round.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You may not rate him but didn't we get 3 CSs and 4 wins while he was in the team?

Fair comment, but then there were no sloppy defensive lapses in those either. When Caldy was playing, some of the errors that occurred from others were just unbelievable.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
i am afraid all our furture opponents will exploit our left back , I think Calderon is fantastic but I am afraid he is not a left back , I can see all our opponents will attack us down our left side

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Far more concerned about conceding from the other side. Yet again no attempt was made to stop a cross which results in a goal. Ho hum a few flicks a game seems to appease many .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i am afraid all our furture opponents will exploit our left back , I think Calderon is fantastic but I am afraid he is not a left back , I can see all our opponents will attack us down our left side

Hopefully just one or two opponents as GB and LR should soon be back

Dec 29, 2011
Fair comment, but then there were no sloppy defensive lapses in those either. When Caldy was playing, some of the errors that occurred from others were just unbelievable.

Maybe not related but it's possible the experienced head of Ridgewell organised and calmed the defence. I'm sure Dunk had less errors while playing along Upson than Greer. Maybe not the case but I've never played that level of football so who knows. Either way we can both agree we'd prefer Ridgewell over Calde on Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here