Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Number 25 bus advice, after the match.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have to go to Hove after the match today, I've got to be there at 6-30 PM.
I usually get the train back to Newhaven after matches unless I'm going for a few pints near Brighton station.
I haven't used the number 25 bus before, and have a few questions for fans that catch the bus after games.

1) Where is the nearest bus stop to the AMEX?
I have seen the bus stop behind Falmer Station.

2) Are more number 25 buses running after the match?

I know I can catch a train to Hove after changing at Brighton, but the bus will take me nearer to where I have to meet.

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I usually get the train back to Newhaven after matches unless I'm going for a few pints near Brighton station.
I haven't used the number 25 bus before, and have a few questions for fans that catch the bus after games.

I know I can catch a train to Hove after changing at Brighton, but the bus will take me nearer to where I have to meet.

Might be quicker to get the train into Brighton then a bus to Hove from right outside the station e.g. No. 7 goes to George Street etc.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just go straight up to the bus stop near the stadium. The exit (which also has a lift) is near the South stand, and near where the away support leave the stadium. Surprisingly few fans use that stop, so you'll be able to get a bus relatively quickly, and you'll easily make it to Hove for 6.30.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just go straight up to the bus stop near the stadium. The exit (which also has a lift) is near the South stand, and near where the away support leave the stadium. Surprisingly few fans use that stop, so you'll be able to get a bus relatively quickly, and you'll easily make it to Hove for 6.30.

Thanks, is the bus stop actually where the park and ride buses leave ?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

There's the one by Falmer station, and there's one right by the coach park. The one at Falmer Station is served by more buses though. I think if you want to go all the way to Hove you'd need to go to Falmer station to get the 25X as the regular 25 only goes as far as town (I believe, it may be different on match days) and the 25X normally skips the loop by the stadium (again this may be different on match days). Alternatively, if you walk over the bridge between the roundabouts and onto the University of Sussex campus you can catch the bus there, where there should be less people waiting, making it more likely you'll get a seat I would imagine (I've never tried that, but there's a bus stop a little way onto campus that would serve you well).

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Might be quicker to get the train into Brighton then a bus to Hove from right outside the station e.g. No. 7 goes to George Street etc.

Thanks Tom, I need to get to the Cricket ground and I'm not sure if the 7 goes nearby, I know the 25 stops at Palmeria Sq.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Go through the bus/coach park where the stairs are exactly opposite the away turnstiles, then go through the bus park and the bus shelter is on your right as you go out onto the road

Just follow what [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] says or at least what he says above, which might be one of his weaker moments :)

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Hopefully I won't get LOST :)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Thanks Tom, I need to get to the Cricket ground and I'm not sure if the 7 goes nearby, I know the 25 stops at Palmeria Sq.

Top of George Street, Blatchington Road probably the same distance to Cricket ground as Palmeira Square or you could get off along Davigdor Road near Oliver Cromwell pub and walk down from there

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thanks everyone.

Definitely worth asking advice, i now have the train/ number 7 bus option, which I didn't know about.
Or getting the 25 by the coach park.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Thanks everyone.

Definitely worth asking advice, i now have the train/ number 7 bus option, which I didn't know about.
Or getting the 25 by the coach park.

The 7 goes from the stop outside the Bell if you choose that option mate.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
There is another bus stop if you go up the slope that runs from the south side behind the West Stand and, at the top of the hill is the turnaround for the buses. This is 1 stop before the one that Ernest & others have mentioned so more chance of getting on.

There are a number of services and I'd always recommend getting on the 1st. If it's a 23 or 50 then change at Lewes Road garage and you will have plenty more buses and likely less crowded.

The bus stop at Falmer station can be frustrating. Big queues and a melee as buses turn up or sail past.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There is another bus stop if you go up the slope that runs from the south side behind the West Stand and, at the top of the hill is the turnaround for the buses. This is 1 stop before the one that Ernest & others have mentioned so more chance of getting on.

There are a number of services and I'd always recommend getting on the 1st. If it's a 23 or 50 then change at Lewes Road garage and you will have plenty more buses and likely less crowded.

The bus stop at Falmer station can be frustrating. Big queues and a melee as buses turn up or sail past.

Thanks, I noticed in the bus timetable there is a bus stop in Brighton University, that must be the one you mention.
I had an idea it was there but not 100% sure, that's why I asked advice.

Another option, cheers.

blue-afro-man

Nov 25, 2013

Shhhhhhhhhh that's a secret

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here