Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zero tolerance for ticket cheats

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I've been given two tickets for the east stand today. One is an adult, one is a kids.

I have a friend who sits in the north stand. We'd prefer to sit together so he was going to use the kids to sit with me rather than in his actual seat.

A blanket ban seems very harsh when there can be other circumstances.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I've been given two tickets for the east stand today. One is an adult, one is a kids.

I have a friend who sits in the north stand. We'd prefer to sit together so he was going to use the kids to sit with me rather than in his actual seat.

Your mate is getting a better seat than he should be as his NS ticket is cheaper. Not sure why the club should lose out for that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have a child using an adults ticket for today's game. Assume this is okay with no need to contact T/O?

Be warned the child catcher from Chity Chity Bang Bang may take them away for this type of offence, I have seen him lurking near the entrances to the Amex

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Both tickets have been paid for, so he's actually paid more for it than a normal East Stand seat would be. :shrug:

Ah - apologies. I read that the kids were going to be going in the north and he'd be in the east. Not sure why I've read it as that!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Both tickets have been paid for, so he's actually paid more for it than a normal East Stand seat would be. :shrug:

Have you spoken to the ticket office about this? I would imagine they'd sort you out, although I'd expect it may be giving you a NS seat (and probably moving his so you can have two together).

They're not monsters - they do want to help when things like this happen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

So you think he should be allowed to sit in the kids seat without paying extra? Ridiculous. If you've been given the two tickets for free, then ask the owners of the seats if you can upgrade one for the day, and go halves with your mate. He could try and sell his ticket to a mate at a reduced price, so the change might cost you nothing.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So you think he should be allowed to sit in the kids seat without paying extra? Ridiculous. If you've been given the two tickets for free, then ask the owners of the seats if you can upgrade one for the day, and go halves with your mate. He could try and sell his ticket to a mate at a reduced price, so the change might cost you nothing.
I do, he's got an already paid for season ticket in the north , and the kids ticket in the east would be unused , people really need to lighten up ffs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do, he's got an already paid for season ticket in the north , and the kids ticket in the east would be unused , people really need to lighten up ffs.
The stewards in the east won't know that and obviously they can't let people use kids tickets without knowing more, so it needs to be organised etc.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Have you spoken to the ticket office about this? I would imagine they'd sort you out, although I'd expect it may be giving you a NS seat (and probably moving his so

you can have two together).

They're not monsters - they do want to help when things like this happen.
I won't have it I heard PB eats babies for breakfast.... He is a monster I tell ye

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The stewards in the east won't know that and obviously they can't let people use kids tickets without knowing more, so it needs to be organised etc.
They will if the said pal shows the steward his season ticket and he's not a jobsworth .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They will if the said pal shows the steward his season ticket and he's not a jobsworth .
But you have to accept that some people have been deliberately cheating the club of money, so the stewards are being asked to clamp down on those with the wrong ticket and they're not being given the authority to let in people who come up with random excuses. He could of course go to the ticket office and ask if they'll upgrade the kids ticket and cancel the north stand ticket, or, even better, he could sell his north stand ticket for a few quid to a mate and we get an extra fan at the game.

To just try and blag it is asking for trouble though.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
But you have to accept that some people have been deliberately cheating the club of money, so the stewards are being asked to clamp down on those with the wrong ticket and they're not being given the authority to let in people who come up with random excuses. He could of course go to the ticket office and ask if they'll upgrade the kids ticket and cancel the north stand ticket, or, even better, he could sell his north stand ticket for a few quid to a mate and we get an extra fan at the game.

To just try and blag it is asking for trouble though.
Its not really though is it ,i'm not picking a fight for the sake of it, but all it calls for is a modicum of common sense from the steward to realise someone isnt really taking the piss.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here