Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Helo needed - Where to Park?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Good Morning Good and Great of NSC,

The wife has decided to surprise me with tickets for Her, Mini Sock and myself for the game today.

The only problem is that we live in Reading and she didn't realise that you have to sort parking at the stadium before the day.

So my question is: Where would you reccommend I park? I don't mind parking somewhere and then getting a train to the ground. My Dad lives in Polegate so there is the potential to drive to there and jump on the train if all else fails.

Just wondered if anyone knew of any gems along that sort of route?

Many thanks

PRS

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Helo from me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Perfect, thank you!

Is that the Mill Road one? Sat Nav says it is closer than other options I can find so looks like a winner

You'll have to be there an hour and a bit before the game if you want to park there. Always have a back up plan in mind if Mill Road is your eventual choice.

Possibly go to one of the stations and on the subsidised route if you're coming from Reading.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Perfect, thank you!

Is that the Mill Road one? Sat Nav says it is closer than other options I can find so looks like a winner

I think to be certain of a space at Mill road you have to get there by 1.30ish, so, if you're going to be later than that,I'd do Mithras House,it's only about a further ten minute drive

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Good Morning Good and Great of NSC,

The wife has decided to surprise me with tickets for Her, Mini Sock and myself for the game today.

The only problem is that we live in Reading and she didn't realise that you have to sort parking at the stadium before the day.

So my question is: Where would you reccommend I park? I don't mind parking somewhere and then getting a train to the ground. My Dad lives in Polegate so there is the potential to drive to there and jump on the train if all else fails.

Just wondered if anyone knew of any gems along that sort of route?

Many thanks

PRS

Wow that's some surprise!

I think they use the race course for helo landings?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I always use mithras house even though mill road is closer, it can be a nightmare getting in to mill road. Mithras house has always been easy peasy.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mind you,if you are coming by helo,just have the pilot drop you off,and then hover over the pitch until after the game. It will dry the pitch out a bit,and you won't have to queue for the p & r buses after the game.

Jobs a good un

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Free train travel if you travel from Polegate. 13-54 train gets you to Falmer at 14-15, plenty of time for beer and pop into club shop

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have tried to use Mill road before and found it was full, I ended up parking by Preston Park station and taking the train.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Thank you all. You are amazing, and thank you for the only minor ribbing about the spelling!

I blame the wife for nagging about where to park!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If you are running out of time and kick off is looming, Bridge Car park is £15, and 3 minute walk to the Amex.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here