Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] KNOCKAERT FEELING CONFIDENT

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Anthony Knockaert is confident that Albion can win promotion to the Premier League.

Brighton & Hove Albion's January signing, Anthony Knockaert, is confident that his new side can replicate the achievement at former club Leicester City by gaining promotion to the Premier League.The 24-year-old sees strong indications that the team has enough quality to play in the Premier League and has plenty of belief in his new teammates.
He said, “Every team is different but there are similarities at Brighton to the Leicester team where I won the title. We have the same passion and I am confident in this team like I was at Leicester.
“Brighton know how to win games in the Championship and are capable of emulating Leicester City. Promotion is a hard thing to achieve, but if you want it enough and work very hard, then you can do it.
“It’s a very long season and there are no easy games in this league. All I can say to my teammates is to work hard and treat every game like a cup final.
“We can definitely be in the Premier League next season if we carry on playing the way we have been”.

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The Frenchman is enjoying every minute back in the Championship, but is expecting a tough test from a struggling Bolton side.“As a winger, it is important to think about your defence, especially in the Championship. You need to work very hard and help your team defensively and offensively.
“You can’t just think about attacking, you need high work rates all over the pitch.
“It’s a crazy league. We are about to play our third straight home game and then play three away games. Three points isn’t guaranteed on Saturday.
“Bolton will want to win because they are fighting for survival”.
Knockaert spoke about his relationship with Bruno and heaped praise on his Spanish teammate.
“Bruno is a fantastic example for young players. I cannot believe he is 35-years-old with his fitness levels and footballing abilities, he seems about 27-years-old when he plays!
“He is a fantastic footballer and a great person off the pitch, he has helped me a lot”.
Looking further ahead, the skilful midfielder admits he still has a soft spot for Leicester and spoke about the possible scenario of Leicester winning the title and Albion reaching the Premier League.
"The dream would be to see both happen. I had a great time at Leicester so if they can win the Premier League and we gain promotion, then it will be the best season of my life”.
[h=3]ALBION V BOLTON WANDERERS
[/h]SATURDAY 13TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED**
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY*
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here