Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dave Clark Five.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Never saw them live but what a fantastic band, remember dancing along to their sound in my much younger days

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Let's be honest: deep down they're probably MORTIFIED that their most well known song has been appropriated by such minor football clubs as Blackpool and Crystal Palace to their own ends.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Saw them 'live' a couple of times in the 60's, and good they were. However the biggest memory was when 'Glad All Over' was big and on the juke box in 'The Zodiak', St. James's St. All us bikers [Rockers in those days] of Southern Observers M/C Club used to go in there Friday nights. If you know the song you can understand when we used to stamp our bike booted feet hard on the floor, only the problem was it caused the ceiling of the shop below [Hilton's Shoes] to shed it's plaster. Needless to say the record was soon removed.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I've always thought Dave Clark had one of those faces that you just wanted to punch. Always looked far too pleased with himself sitting behind his drum kit for my liking. I know it's totally irrational but some people just have that effect on you. I wasn't a great fan of their music which I suppose didn't help.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Let's be honest: deep down they're probably MORTIFIED that their most well known song has been appropriated by such minor football clubs as Blackpool and Crystal Palace to their own ends.

They were marketed as The Tottenham Sound. I never understood why that song of theirs was adopted by Hajduk South Norwood.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
.........Dave Clark 5 - Magnificent 7 (seven)

I hope this makes sense to someone

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
They were marketed as The Tottenham Sound. I never understood why that song of theirs was adopted by Hajduk South Norwood.

Definitely. They were Tottenham boys and supported Spurs. It's not their fault if Pal-arse steal their song. Any more than its Apple's fault if Palace fans steal their iPhones during looting sprees.

I think the DC5 were a great, fun group who created some excellent songs and, for me, the best of the sixties pop films: Catch Us If You Can. Don't hold against them something they didn't do.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Definitely. They were Tottenham boys and supported Spurs. It's not their fault if Pal-arse steal their song. Any more than its Apple's fault if Palace fans steal their iPhones during looting sprees.

I think the DC5 were a great, fun group who created some excellent songs and, for me, the best of the sixties pop films: Catch Us If You Can. Don't hold against them something they didn't do.

What ever happened to them ? By that did they write and produce their own music or somebody else,s play thing ?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No, sorry, I'm not having this ,DC5 weren't fit to roadie for groups like the Kinks, the Who, Procul Harem, let alone the Beatles and the Stones.

Awful band.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its a great example of a 60s song but sadly tainted by the association with that lot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here