Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've Done My Bit

el punal

I'm thrilled to say that three generations of the family Punal will be in attendance at the Bolton game tomorrow, myself, my daughter and son-in-law, and my grandson, seven year old Harry.

Using my incredible powers of persuasion, guile and bribery all family members have now been converted to the one true faith - that is following the Albion.

Except one . . . . my little granddaughter Poppy, who is four, has but two interests in her life - 'Frozen' (which little girl isn't?), and being a princess. I am hoping that the 'Frozen' fad will die out by the time she's five. As for the princess bit, I'll try and keep her away from the Royal Family for the foreseeable future.

As for convincing her to be a follower of Tony Bloom's Blue n' White Army, this is work in progress. I have utmost faith in my persuasive abilities and in the fullness of time she will be won over, I have no doubt.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. :angel:

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Well done Punal... like you 3 generations of Dukes will be there tomorrow. Me (65 years supporting the cause), my sprog (nearly 33years) and now little Finn for 2 years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I also have done my bit.

I didn't realise my lucky t-shirt was in the washing basket.
Had I not noticed until later I may well have had to resort to last seasons 'lucky' t-shirt.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Tell your granddaughter that she can get her face painted like a princess at the football. That's how I got my daughter (who was 4 at the time) to go to her first game two years ago. Now she loves it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good job el punal. Our 'three-generation' pic at the Amex from a year or so back is a personal favourite.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Well done to all. Still on two generations, but hoping that my daughter will furnish me with the necessary addition ! Might be a bit of opposition, though - her fiance's a Gooner (but his Mum is an Albion fan). However, like many young men, he's already under the thumb, and my daughter's not one to argue with!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've done my bit. I've now supported the Albion for 40 years.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Nicely done, I'm hoping that in a few year's time I'll be able to be part of a 4 generation trip to the AMEX (for anyone wondering, I'll be the 3rd generation). Just need to get Jr GFH to actually understand what a football is first...

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
11 members of the Williams family made up of 3 generations will be at the Amex in the West stand tomorrow. First time all together at a game and all coming from all over the place; Notts/Cambridge/Grantham/Spalding/Sussex

I can confirm that group deals on over 10 people are excellent value! [emoji1303]

megcat

Sep 6, 2012
Chelwood Gate
11 members of the Williams family made up of 3 generations will be at the Amex in the West stand tomorrow. First time all together at a game and all coming from all over the place; Notts/Cambridge/Grantham/Spalding/Sussex

I can confirm that group deals on over 10 people are excellent value! [emoji1303]

Fantastic enjoy this great occasion

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yep, 3 generations here too... At the MK Dons game we had my Mum and Dad, myself and my daughter - the biggest coup here is my daughter, who while always interested in football (well Stevie G), had never shown a desire to go to a game. That is until she started at Brighton Uni at Falmer, and moved into a house a stones throw from the stadium. Now she can't get enough of it.

Not sure what I am more proud of, her doing well in her studies or the fact that she has "found" The Albion.

I'm afraid to say I have failed with my grandson.

The last time I tried his response was "you can't make me support Brighton"

Ashamed.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm afraid to say I have failed with my grandson.

The last time I tried his response was "you can't make me support Brighton"

Ashamed.

You can, you ain't trying hard enough! Kids need feeding, need money, need stuff, you hold all the strings here.

Glad to see so many big families here, it really is a good family thing to do. I reckon 20 of my family members have been to the Amex but not all at the same time.

You can, you ain't trying hard enough! Kids need feeding, need money, need stuff, you hold all the strings here.

Glad to see so many big families here, it really is a good family thing to do. I reckon 20 of my family members have been to the Amex but not all at the same time.

He's my grandson so I don't hold the strings.

His father is Millwall, who strangely enough wants him to support Brighton, but he's fixated with Barcelona and especially Messi.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
How old is he? Many stories on here of kids who are 'hooked' once they've been to their 1st game.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Enjoy!

Been to the Albion with my dad and son. Looking forward to going with both together for first time in April (unless fixture is moved).

Feb 14, 2010

This is my favourite thread of NSC since I have been on here and this my favourite post. The Albion an institution in Sussex, with supporting Sussex CCC and the Albion is a birthright to those from Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here