Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newhaven

Jan 30, 2008
A town dying on its feet? I hear the co op is closing but on the plus side you now have a polish shop to go to,o looking shabby and tired IMHO ,what are LDC doing about it ???
regards
DR

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Since I've moved there I've found the town is really nice and there's a lot going on EXCEPT in the town centre.

Can't see things improving whilst we have a Tory MP who thinks our main problem is immigrants though, as she said on the radio the other morning.

Jan 30, 2008
Since I've moved there I've found the town is really nice and there's a lot going on EXCEPT in the town centre.

Can't see things improving whilst we have a Tory MP who thinks our main problem is immigrants though, as she said on the radio the other morning.
the town centre should be the life and soul ,more like a ghost town
regards
DR

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
the town centre should be the life and soul ,more like a ghost town
regards
DR

Agreed. I really fee if a couple of major retailers were "encouraged" to set up shop there it could really get going. Even a Greggs would help!

Hopefully the Bridge will be a decent pub when it's refurbished.

The Ark is really good and there's a "Fine Dining" fish restaurant due to open on the quay soon.

Jan 30, 2008
Agreed. I really fee if a couple of major retailers were "encouraged" to set up shop there it could really get going. Even a Greggs would help!

Hopefully the Bridge will be a decent pub when it's refurbished.

The Ark is really good and there's a "Fine Dining" fish restaurant due to open on the quay soon.
co op at the bottom of Gibbon road:whistle:
regards
DR

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
A polish shop, you say. Pledge, Mr Sheen. Now I'm struggling. Must be a small shop.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Probably the best ever time to buy the biggest f*ck off property you can afford to buy in Newhaven. All the DFLs always look to the West of Brighton. Soon enough there will come a time when they realise they're looking West nowhere NEAR Brighton. At which point they might start looking East, and looking beyond stupidly pricey Lewes. A slight reconfiguration of the trains so the DFLs can more easily commute direct from Newhaven, a major advertising push by the council in conjunction with the local estate agents and - Bingo! - Bob's yer uncle! If the ever-shitty Fiveways traffic junction can be hilariously re-branded as 'Fiveways Village' then ANYTHING is possible.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Newhaven would be better served abandoning the High Street and developing the waterfront.

Yeah, its just not convenient to get to and park and shop for things that you can buy with one click online or slide up to Sainsburys and get your stuff hastle free, I think the one way system all those years ago was the death knell of a pretty average high street anyway.

Newhaven for me has perked up, I like the waterfront a couple of decent pubs, just really miss 'Cloud' Nine' nightclub ...........

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Probably the best ever time to buy the biggest f*ck off property you can afford to buy in Newhaven. All the DFLs always look to the West of Brighton. Soon enough there will come a time when they realise they're looking West nowhere NEAR Brighton. At which point they might start looking East, and looking beyond stupidly pricey Lewes. A slight reconfiguration of the trains so the DFLs can more easily commute direct from Newhaven, a major advertising push by the council in conjunction with the local estate agents and - Bingo! - Bob's yer uncle! If the ever-shitty Fiveways traffic junction can be hilariously re-branded as 'Fiveways Village' then ANYTHING is possible.

Prices do seem to be shooting up all of a sudden. The estate agent we dealt with (who seemed the only decent one of the lot) said they'd started having a fair few inquiries from London.

FYI we already have 2 direct trains to London in the morning and evening rush hours :thumbsup:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

I live right by Fiveways, and the Fiveways Village thing is just weird. Also renaming the pub to Fiveways has proved confusing at best.

Maverick

Jun 1, 2011
Prices do seem to be shooting up all of a sudden. The estate agent we dealt with (who seemed the only decent one of the lot) said they'd started having a fair few inquiries from London.

FYI we already have 2 direct trains to London in the morning and evening rush hours :thumbsup:

I work for an estate agents in Newhaven, so hopefully it was me!

The prices here have shot up over the last few months but we are definitely seeing signs that it is levelling off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here