Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF match at the Amex this year

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Should put a few on the gate numbers, and get a lot more pounds in the REMF kitty.

Monday 30th May 2016

We've debated this before. The annual REMF game is a friendly football match between two groups of fans. I've always understood it to be the case that the Palace boys are much more comfortable with the game NOT being played at the home of BHAFC (and I speak as the organiser of the games that were played at Withdean). Has anyone sounded out the Palace lads?

The atmosphere at a small, neutral venue like the Dripping Pan has been excellent. The crowd fits nicely into the venue. Playing the game at a stadium with 29,000 empty seats won't deliver the same experience.

REMF is a fans' charity. By the fans and for the fans. It works because everybody gets to rub shoulders with everybody else on the night.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
We've debated this before. The annual REMF game is a friendly football match between two groups of fans. I've always understood it to be the case that the Palace boys are much more comfortable with the game NOT being played at the home of BHAFC (and I speak as the organiser of the games that were played at Withdean). Has anyone sounded out the Palace lads?

The atmosphere at a small, neutral venue like the Dripping Pan has been excellent. The crowd fits nicely into the venue. Playing the game at a stadium with 29,000 empty seats won't deliver the same experience.

REMF is a fans' charity. By the fans and for the fans. It works because everybody gets to rub shoulders with everybody else on the night.

Couldn't agree with you more. Dripping Pan is an appropriate venue for the gate, and sound doesn't get lost in a cavernous, nearly empty stadium.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As I understand it the game will be returning to the Pan next year.

Looking forward to the game as always regardless of location, a good night out for a good cause.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I'm pretty sure that all those who attend will still get to rub shoulders with everybody else on the night m'lud, seeing as how we'll all doubtless be (correctly) kettled into a tiny wee space with (incorrectly) inadequate provision for food'n'drink.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Great for the club to do this and also, I'm sure, great for the lads who get to represent the Albion - getting to use the home dressing room and play on the sacred turf.

Presumably there will be a fair few ball boys/girls deployed around The Amex as I'm guessing just one stand will be open (North or West Lower) meaning that there would otherwise be a lot of time spent retrieving the ball from the empty stands every time it gets put into Row Z.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Won't people miss out on being able to drink while watching the game? I'm sure that will have an effect on the atmosphere

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
2 days after the Championship play off final. It could be that the Brighton fans playing in this match would still be recovering from hangovers.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Obviously there is going to be a lot of interest in this years playing squad. More so than ever.

It will be an emotional one for last years team as we lost one of our own, but I wish to add at least 4 new faces to the squad.

If you are interested in playing, please email me brettmendoza@hotmail.com with your name, age, position and level you play at. it's at the Amex, we need a competitive team to beat Palace x

Obviously there is going to be a lot of interest in this years playing squad. More so than ever.

Each player is expected to raise a minimum of £400 each

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

It will be an emotional one for last years team as we lost one of our own, but I wish to add at least 4 new faces to the squad.

If you are interested in playing, please email me brettmendoza@hotmail.com with your name, age, position and level you play at. it's at the Amex, we need a competitive team to beat Palace x

Each player is expected to raise a minimum of £400 each

How about an extra 2 places that are sold, say for a £1000 each?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
For those asking about drinking. The bar will be open and you can drink in the comfort of your seat in the west lower whilst watching the match

Ooh.. thought drinking was banned for all football matches at the Amex - that's a BIG plus factor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here