Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League Darts

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone having a flutter tonight just beware Robert Thornton has got the shits so he's not playing. Wade has lost the toss with Taylor so he faces up to Michael Smith first up.

Newcastle tonight, always a raucous atmosphere there, the people of the North East absolutely love their darts.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Last week Gary Anderson, now Thornton. I can't recall players pulling out on consecutive weeks.

This may work to Wade's advantage though, as he was excellent last week vs. MVG and will surely fancy overcoming Smith who, by contrast, looked nervous.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Last week Gary Anderson, now Thornton. I can't recall players pulling out on consecutive weeks.

This may work to Wade's advantage though, as he was excellent last week vs. MVG and will surely fancy overcoming Smith who, by contrast, looked nervous.

The Wade double coupled with Wright to beat Barney pays nicely, that's where my money is going, £30 of it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Wade double coupled with Wright to beat Barney pays nicely, that's where my money is going, £30 of it.

I fancy tonight's winners will be: Wade > Barney > Chizzy/Lewis draw > MVG > Wade.

Match 1 might be a quiet affair and I can see the Metro Arena going very "Barney Army" and getting behind the Dutchman.

What a cracking line-up of matches tonight, I'm looking forward to it.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've put £20 on James Wade to beat Phil Taylor @ 12/5.

If Wade can get a win earlier in the evening it'll give him some momentum and a feel of the venue for taking on the Power.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't think Wade will beat Taylor. I do think Wright will beat RvB although RvB is the most unpredictable player to bet on both for and against. I expected Taylor to smash him last week tbh and it was the other way round!

FWIW the 3 UK qualifiers at the weekend were won by Lewis / MvG / Taylor...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I managed a MASSIVE 156 checkout the other night, it was extremely emotional for all in the pub - whether they were involved or not. :thumbsup:

Thornton doesn't deserve to be in the Premier League, the boring old Scotsman. He'll be no miss tonight. It's a shame he's making up the numbers at the Amex event - but Wade, Barney and Whitlock are enough of a draw alone.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Lost interest since they're not coming to Brighton. Got tickets for darts at the Amex though. Bit worried I might not see much from the back of the East Upper!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've put £20 on James Wade to beat Phil Taylor @ 12/5.

If Wade can get a win earlier in the evening it'll give him some momentum and a feel of the venue for taking on the Power.

That has to be one of the worst bets I've ever placed.

Had I have known that he was playing twice though, I might have reconsidered.

Great night for favourites; they all won. I expect punters cleaned up tonight.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Vintage Taylor tonight. MVG back to this best. Looks like being a tough campaign for Michael Smith.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't think Wade will beat Taylor. I do think Wright will beat RvB although RvB is the most unpredictable player to bet on both for and against. I expected Taylor to smash him last week tbh and it was the other way round!

FWIW the 3 UK qualifiers at the weekend were won by Lewis / MvG / Taylor...

No surprise the 3 winners from the weekend won tonight...

Wright was very lucky - I wish he wouldn't keep changing darts - his grouping was shocking by his standards..!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here