Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Published by the club this week.

Zone A................£475
Zone B + C.........£565
Zone D................£670
Zone E................£740
Zone F................£510

An interesting decision by the club to increase prices, in the face of a growing campaign within football, to reverse the trend. I haven't done the maths yet but it looks like a percentage increase of between 20-25% ( even more, if we are only watching 19 home games next season, not 23 ).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If we go up, very small rise. If we don't then, as with all non Prem clubs, a vital source of income. No complaints from me.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Zone B + C.........£565

An interesting decision by the club to increase prices, in the face of a growing campaign within football, to reverse the trend. I haven't done the maths yet but it looks like a percentage increase of between 20-25% ( even more, if we are only watching 19 home games next season, not 23 ).

Was discussed when they were released last week and previously when the club said the increase would be a couple of pounds a month on direct debit.

I have seen it mentioned prevjously that it appears to be 20-25% on last years but not explained.sufficiently to me how an additional £10 a season on my zone a £465 equates to this 20 - 25%

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This was discussed last week when it was announced. Those are just renewal prices. New season tickets are more.

You need to do the maths, as my ticket (Zone D) has gone up £20. That's 3%.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Zone B + C.........£565

Those are the prices for renewals. I don't see how those prices are an increase of 20% - I've got a ticket in Zone A and it's gone up by £10. That is an increase of 2.1% according to my maths on the overall cost of the season ticket.

New season ticket prices are as follows (although these are only guaranteed prices until 14th April)

Zone A.....£495
Zone B/C..£595
Zone D.....£710
Zone E.....£740
Zone F.....£530

Even those new prices don't represent an increase of 20% on the cost of last seasons ticket.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Zone B + C.........£565

You seem to forget that we aren't in the Premier League and, as it stands, will not be earning £100m from TV revenue next year and beyond (of course we all hope that will change come May).

Your post fails on two counts, reality and maths.

el punal

Zone B + C.........£565

I think your calculator needs new batteries. The increase in my zone is nowhere near the figures that you have stated. And for various reasons stated by other posters there no complaints from me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The new £5.5 BILLION TV deal in the Premier League is a gamechanger. Very difficult for PL clubs to justify ANY type of teicket increase from here on, in the face of that vast financial hot tub they are now wallowing in. Not that it'll stop them trying.

We're not there yet though.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Also need to remember what happened last year - no increase and travel zone extended, so for those who use travel zone the price effectively reduced. It's good value

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Still too expensive by quite a long way. 0% chance of filling the place up.
Average attendances set to drop again next season (if we're not in the Premier League).

tickets.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You make a good point re the prem league which I'm forever making. 4 less games = a fairly large rise of cost per game even without the £2 a month increase. Not particularly unhappy with it as at least they aren't completely taking the piss (yet). Also, this 'no more than £2 a month' is a clever way of wording - they've gone up £20-£24 in most areas. Don't blame the club for using the marketing spiel but it's very see through if you think about it... :lol:

Slightly disappointed my ST has gone up £70 since the Amex opened overall and it's time they stopped the little increases. I understand some was (apparently) down to the travel etc but that was also in place with the original price (£395 zone A), so they must have foreseen it. I know the club wanted as many STH as possible in the early seasons and probably had the plan all along to add subtle increases most years for us suckers. It sits OK with me overall but they have to be very careful of these 'small' increases catching up with them.

They've also played on the 'we may go up' thing to their advantage, but again fair play I suppose.

One last point - I don't want new ST's to get charged more. They put it in the renewal letter like it was a good thing for existing STH - I want them as affordable as possible and also to get as many new STH as possible as a result.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
In the event of us getting promoted and having four fewer games to watch my ticket Zone B would still work out at £29 w/travel which would be value. Even less per game should we remain in the Championship. ST prices still ok in my view. Not entirely sure I would agree the match by match ones will b though.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
It has been suggested many times by fans of Premier League teams (& the media) that they should drastically reduce prices,as they can easily afford it now with the new TV deal.

If all Premier League tickets were reduced to say £10, what would happen to Championship clubs. They would either have to respond by reducing prices to less than £10, or be in the unsustainable position of charging more than double the amount of a PL ticket. Either way, most non PL teams would be out of business within 5 years.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
One last point - I don't want new ST's to get charged more. They put it in the renewal letter like it was a good thing for existing STH - I want them as affordable as possible and also to get as many new STH as possible as a result.

I think this is something the club has thought about though. Just supposing we go up to the Prem, those of us ST holders will be pleased we got ours renewed at a touch above this seasons prices. The gamble is that a lot of new ST's will be sold if we get to the promised land, those new ST holders have probably just waited until we get to the Prem, it is a gamble but is perhaps showing loyalty to those on the longer journey.
As for those that moan we will get fewer home games if we get to the Prem, they are never satisfied.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here