Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The solution to our potential left back issue after Saturday's game is....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Switch Bruno over to Left Back where he would still be a solid option.

Play Goldson at Right Back a position he has played in on a number of occasions throughout his career.

Play Dunk and Greer at CB.

There you go Chris. Job done.

:)

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Play two of our players on good form out of position and reintroduce an unfit Greer into a game against promotion rivals. Great thinking :facepalm:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Switch Bruno over to Left Back where he would still be a solid option.

Play Goldson at Right Back a position he has played in on a number of occasions throughout his career.

Play Dunk and Greer at CB.

There you go Chris. Job done.

:)

Other posters may be poo-pooing this idea, but I actually think that it may have legs.

Bruno probably could do a pretty solid job at left back. No need to risk GG, play Dunk and Goldson in the middle as per usual, and Calde can come in a right back. Surely a position he is much happier with?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Isnt it easier to go to London or South coast premier club and loan one for 28 days,

Problem is BG, that with only a few days to go before the Hull game, any potential player that we do find, won't know anything about the club, or the style that we play.

Hate to say it, but at such short notice, Calde it may have to be.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I think the next person who starts a thread about 'the left back situaton' should receive a ban until Bong returns to left back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Problem is BG, that with only a few days to go before the Hull game, any potential player that we do find, won't know anything about the club, or the style that we play.

Hate to say it, but at such short notice, Calde it may have to be.
A full back from a Premier club would be capable of slotting in I would think.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nope...leave goldson where he is. He is getting better and get and is the foil for dunks over exuberance.

I would look at possibly having a defence of Bruno....goldson...dunk...Murphy. Using Bruno and Murphy as full/wing backs. That will then give us the option of two speedy foreign wingers as well as attacking full backs.

With sidwell, kayal, Stephens, crofts as the solid midfield that then gives us the options of Wilson Zamora hemed possibly Murray and Lua Lua .....

That is a really good squad to push on for automatic promotion

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would look at possibly having a defence of Bruno....goldson...dunk...Murphy. Using Bruno and Murphy as full/wing backs. That will then give us the option of two speedy foreign wingers as well as attacking full backs.

With sidwell, kayal, Stephens, crofts as the solid midfield that then gives us the options of Wilson Zamora hemed possibly Murray and Lua Lua .....
So Bruno and KLL are going to provide the width.............four in central midfield (Sidwell, Kayal, Stephens and Crofts) so no room for Knockaert and Jimi Skylark (sorry, I'm not sure of the proper spelling) unless we're going 4-6-0, with doubling up on the wings with not much in the middle.

Of course, Sidwell and Crofts in that formation could drop back to cover the full backs when they are rampaging forwards ....... ..... hmmmmmm ....... you weren't a tactical adviser to Sami Hyypia, were you?

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
If we don't have any left backs left then my solution would be to not have a left back.

We've got plenty of wingers now so just play another one of those. With the extra flair we'll be too busy tearing them apart to notice no one marking their right winger.

The worst outcome would be a nine goal thriller.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
If we don't have any left backs left then my solution would be to not have a left back.

We've got plenty of wingers now so just play another one of those. With the extra flair we'll be too busy tearing them apart to notice no one marking their right winger.

The worst outcome would be a nine goal thriller.

As in Hull 9-0 Albion you mean? Sounds rather unthrilling to me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or just play an inverted left back, simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here