Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having worked with Phil for several years and ultimately became a personal friend, I would have to say that I never, ever, saw any suggestion that he was a bully or anything like that. A great guy actually and whilst many Bolton fans may have differing views he was truly passionate about his club and the financial position is not down to him
    Condolences for your personal loss.
    The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      I pray that we have a minutes' SILENCE rather than applause on Saturday.

I'm respectful enough to stand quietly for him, but I won't be applauding the man or his passing.
      I thought exactly this when I heard that Gartside had died. I saw some (Albion) fan suggesting on Twitter earlier that there be a minute's applause on 63 minutes for him. I thought that was bizarre. This is one of those moments where respectful silence is the order of the day. Let Bolton fans applaud if and when they choose.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      I thought exactly this when I heard that Gartside had died. I saw some (Albion) fan suggesting on Twitter earlier that there be a minute's applause on 63 minutes for him. I thought that was bizarre. This is one of those moments where respectful silence is the order of the day. Let Bolton fans applaud if and when they choose.
      It's Bolton's loss, so maybe whatever they think is appropriate? Personally, I'm with you. Miniute's silence and let Bolton do what they will at their next home game. What would we want as Albion fans if it was a comparable figure and we were playing away?
      You'd better believe it (it's so easy to say)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Igzilla View Post
      It's Bolton's loss, so maybe whatever they think is appropriate? Personally, I'm with you. Miniute's silence and let Bolton do what they will at their next home game. What would we want as Albion fans if it was a comparable figure and we were playing away?
      It may well be that Bolton simply send their players out in black armbands and decline the minute's silence in favour of doing one at their next home game.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      I pray that we have a minutes' SILENCE rather than applause on Saturday.

I'm respectful enough to stand quietly for him, but I won't be applauding the man or his passing.
      I agree

1 Not allowed!
      Yes indeed, a minute's well observed silence followed by 3 points for the home side would be order of the day I feel.
      Mmmmm....jumpers for goalposts
      Members
      somewhere between Worcestershire, Somerset or Amsterdam

0 Not allowed!
      Not missed by many in football I suspect. An unpleasant, invariably aggressive,deliberately antagonistic, bully of a man.
      1959/60 - 2018/19
      60 seasons following the Albion

0 Not allowed!
      You know him Severnside? Phil was nothing like that.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      It may well be that Bolton simply send their players out in black armbands and decline the minute's silence in favour of doing one at their next home game.
      As it should be
      Lording it in WSL

0 Not allowed!
      I know nothing of what the man did outside football. Within football and within Bolton Wanderers in particular I'm sure he probably made bad decisions as well as good ones, just as anyone would. I am sure though, that he always had the interests of his club at heart, and was a true fan of the Trotters.

RIP, and condolences to his family and friends.