Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i can see now why Gus got Sacked !!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Mel Morris: Paul Clement's short-term view cost him Derby job
Derby County owner Mel Morris insists promotion was never the aim this season and says head coach Paul Clement was sacked because of his short-term view.

Clement only lasted for eight months despite the Rams being fifth in the Championship, five points off top spot.

Morris told BBC East Midlands Today: "Up until the last couple of weeks we've been trying to work with Paul to get him to embrace the plans we set.

"But I just had no belief that was going to happen."

The Rams are still in the play-off places following a seven-game winless run, but Morris reiterated the side's lack of progress and failure to plan for the future as the reason for Clement's surprise dismissal on Monday.

Morris said this season was about building on the "Derby way" and style of football, "adding depth and strength to the playing squad" and "developing and improving player and team performance".

But as recently as November, Morris had said Clement could be Derby's Sir Alex Ferguson and build a dynasty at the club.

OK Paul, i told you we dont want promotion this season and you have deliberately gone against my wishes and not only have you been top , but have consistently been in the play off zone .. Your fired :tosser:

Tony had a five year plan in place that Gus obviously tried to wreck !!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
You'll never know what goes on behind closed doors.

I think Poyets ego got him the sack in the end... Twice.

Looking back still blame him for the style and formation he put out against that lot up the road, especially after the league game at home with two wingers we totally bossed them.

We move on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here