Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday match - friends for a tenner

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
STHs can bring two friends for £10 each to the Wednesday :lolol: game on 8 March, according to an email I just received. Or at least they can if they want to put them in the North Stand, South Stand or West Lower corners. I sit in the middle of the WSU so I guess I'll wave my mates off at the turnstile and tell them to go and slum it with the peasants.

It's a decent offer, price wise but what is the EFFING point emailing it to STH's not in those areas? How many are going to take it up? I appreciate this is because other areas are more expensive and have a lot of STHs already in them but football is a social game best enjoyed together. Why the **** would I take this up? :shrug:

Might bung a few on the gate though.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
STHs can bring two friends for £10 each to the Wednesday :lolol: game on 8 March, according to an email I just received. Or at least they can if they want to put them in the North Stand, South Stand or West Lower corners. I sit in the middle of the WSU so I guess I'll wave my mates off at the turnstile and tell them to go and slum it with the peasants.

It's a decent offer, price wise but what is the EFFING point emailing it to STH's not in those areas? How many are going to take it up? I appreciate this is because other areas are more expensive and have a lot of STHs already in them but football is a social game best enjoyed together. Why the **** would I take this up? :shrug:

I presume the club would be willing to move you in to the cheap seats with your mates? But then I suppose you'd have to cough up an admin fee for a cheaper seat.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The 2 mates can buy you a beer beforehand, watch the game together then buy you another after. What's not to like?

Think you answered your own question. Bung a few on the gate.

It's a good initiative, exactly what many of the price-sensitive on here have been crying out for.

PG

Jan 30, 2008

i'm alright jack :facepalm:
regards
DR

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009

Can I be your friend.....you wouldn't have to sit next to me or even speak to me before or after the game.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
£10!! Suits me down to the ground.

My mate is a season ticket holder in the family stand. So I quite often meet up with him before and after the game anyway..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can I be your friend.....you wouldn't have to sit next to me or even speak to me before or after the game.

:lolol:

That's probably the part of the point. There's nothing wrong with wanting to bung more on the gate or make football cheaper for people, I'm all for that.

On evening games though I do already take a few mates (yes, I have some astoundingly) who take upgrades on our kids' tickets who are getting an early night before school. This is more than a tenner so more revenue to the club yet the club has to put some sort of limit on the number of times you can do it, which Sky are now determined to make us break. The cheap deal remaining seems to be to scoot them off to the other end of the ground.

It's not much of a thing in the grand scheme of things but modern football perplexes me. I really just want to be able to turn up five minutes before kick off, pay a fiver or so and stand with who I want while getting through half a pack of Bensons.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I couldn't agree more. I sit in the middle of WSL and I might well have been attracted by the offer, but no way am I going to give up my prime seat, to go and sit in a corner with my mates, and I know that they wouldn't come unless we all sat together.

A nice idea, but maybe it needs to be rethoughtout, so that maybe the two friends could pay a supplement and sit in better positioned seats.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Quote: "It's a decent offer, price wise but what is the EFFING point emailing it to STH's not in those areas?".
Perhaps it is easier to just send out the message to all ST holders rather than sift out those that are seated in areas where the £10 tickets can not be used.
Maybe unlike you, some ST holders in the same area as you might want to purchase them for friends that can not afford to go to full price games and are not bothered/or want to sit in the areas up for grabs....or with the "peasants" as you stated.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't think the offer is designed for anyone to necessarily sit alongside who gets the extra ticket for £10. Unless of course you already sit in that section, where the offer is.

I think the offer is merely there to increase the gate for a match which the club has looked at and targeted as a very important game and they want as many people in the ground supporting the team for that match

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
There are 4 of us in the North that sit together and we are bringing 7 mates that night, so far, there could be more. And all of us are sitting together, so there is presumably a number of spare matchday tickets where I reside. There will be plenty of beer drunk as well so all extra money in the summer transfer kitty.😃

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think it's a great idea. I used it last time and will again - plenty of people I know will want the tickets, and won't care too much where they sit. Can have a beer before and after, all good.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What if you HAVEN'T got any FRIENDS ?

:down:
uploadfromtaptalk1455119419211.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How come we need to offer cheap seats for this game, surely against the biggest team in the universe the game eas sold out already

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How come we need to offer cheap seats for this game, surely against the biggest team in the universe the game eas sold out already
The real problem is that, having already sold out the away end, Wednesday fans living in Brighton will be trying to get seats in the home stands. It's going to be like Arsenal in the FA Cup.

Jan 30, 2008
I couldn't agree more. I sit in the middle of WSL and I might well have been attracted by the offer, but no way am I going to give up my prime seat, to go and sit in a corner with my mates, and I know that they wouldn't come unless we all sat together.

A nice idea, but maybe it needs to be rethoughtout, so that maybe the two friends could pay a supplement and sit in better positioned seats.

i bet you would change your mind if they were a couple of topless stunners(FEMALE)???
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here