Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we see Jiri Skalak on Saturday?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I would guess no, but only because I think he said he was targeting the Hull game (but that may have been for his first start)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Bench I reckon. Going by Hughton's comments on his arrival he thinks he needs to get up to speed first. Also I believe Murphy did enough to keep the shirt on saturday.

I think the one change we will see is Wilson in for Zamora.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I would imagine the only change to the 18 on Friday will see Maenpaa replace Caspar on the bench. Wilson for Zamora seems the most likely change to the starting 11. If Bobby isn't fit then Skalak has a chance of getting on the bench. The only other player I can see making way for him is Towell.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe, but we've got 4 games in 11 days and Hughton will be rotating the 11 and 18.

Plenty of chances for him.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Hard to see knockaert and Murphy not starting, but bench I would have thought. He sounds exciting - much more so than Elvis ever did.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The club were very proud of this signing and to beat QPR to his signature was a coup. He'll play a part sometime over the next 4 games but I'd be surprised to see him start. He could be a substitute on either flank or slot in at no.10. I'm really looking forward to seeing the cheque in action although Saturday seems too soon.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think it all depends on how he has looked in training. If he has looked good then they might see it as an opportunity to rest Zamora for a bit. Alternatively they might want to have him play 20 or 30 mins in an U21 match first

Stumpy Tim

I expect him to start behind the front man (probably Hemed) when we play away to Hull. My prediction for Bolton is 4-4-2 with Wilson starting in place of BZ, and Jiri on the bench. If we do manage to get a couple of goals to the good I wouldn't be surprised to see him in that role for 20 minutes

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Depends if he wants different options on the bench. Sidwell and Crofts would appear to provide very similar cover.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I expect him to start behind the front man (probably Hemed) when we play away to Hull. My prediction for Bolton is 4-4-2 with Wilson starting in place of BZ, and Jiri on the bench. If we do manage to get a couple of goals to the good I wouldn't be surprised to see him in that role for 20 minutes

More likely Sidwell in for one of the strikers, I reckon (away to Hull).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Murphy had looked less effective until fairly recently, but his form has picked up and he deserves to keep his place. My guess is that we will see Jiri as a second half substitute at Hull, where I suspect Murphy might struggle to make an impact.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here